League Settings, Please Help - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Commissioner's Corner

League Settings, Please Help

Moderator: Football Moderators

League Settings, Please Help

Postby bbalevic23 » Tue Jul 08, 2008 11:23 pm

I am the commish of my league and are drafting tomorrow due to a lot of league members busy summer schedule. Its a Yahoo 10 team league H2H. Right now the settings are 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 W/R, 1 TE, 1 K and 1 DEF. I am seriously considering adding another W/R spot tomorrow morning well before the draft. I have 2 questions.

1- Do you think the addition of another W/R (aka flex spot) would be a good move or should I stay with one?

2- Is changing the setting from 1 to 2 ok to do on draft day or is that bad ettiquete?

Thanks for your help.
bbalevic23
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Re: League Settings, Please Help

Postby moochman » Tue Jul 08, 2008 11:29 pm

Your answers need to come from your leaguemates. Only they can know if adding another flex suits them and if it is too late to make such a change. I suspect that it is too late to do that unless you are having a slow draft.
To make those changes without the blessings of your leaguemates would be poor etiquette. GL.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Re: League Settings, Please Help

Postby The_Captain » Wed Jul 09, 2008 9:22 am

moochman wrote:Your answers need to come from your leaguemates. Only they can know if adding another flex suits them and if it is too late to make such a change. I suspect that it is too late to do that unless you are having a slow draft.
To make those changes without the blessings of your leaguemates would be poor etiquette. GL.

Absolutely agree - the quickest way to lose respect as a commissioner is too start changing the rules without input from the league. Unfortunately, this happens way too often in many leagues and owners end up leaving because of it. Considering your draft begins tomorrow, I would think it is too late to incorporate this type of change. Roll with it this year the way it is and then put it up to a vote next year.

good luck!

"This is your captain calling--with an urgent warning" - The The
The_Captain
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Return to Commissioner's Corner