This should be it for Matt Jones - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

This should be it for Matt Jones

Moderator: Football Moderators

This should be it for Matt Jones

Postby LS2throwed » Thu Jul 10, 2008 11:18 am

FAYETTEVILLE, Ark. -- Fayetteville police say Jacksonville Jaguars wide receiver Matt Jones was arrested early Thursday on a felony drug charge after officers found him in a parked car, cutting up what was suspected to be cocaine.

A police report says officers approached the car and found Jones inside, using a credit card to chop up a white substance. Police say an officer drew his handgun after Jones did not immediately show his hands.

Police say they found a jar with possible marijuana residue inside the car and a plastic bag of what was likely cocaine. Officers say Jones admitted he had cocaine.

Police say two others inside the car, Jared Hicks and Benjamin Cook, were also arrested on misdemeanor drug charges.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3481361

His job is on the line and he's sitting in the car snorting lines, what a great guy...He should be cut here soon, and I doubt the line is that long of teams wanting to sign him, he has shown no motivation or work ethic to go along with all that talent he has.
Current Cafe Dynasties:
4th and Goal
Fourth & Inches
Double D
Any Given Dynasty
Eat Cheese Dynasty
NFL's Finest
Cafe Very Special Forces
LS2throwed
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer
Home Cafe: Football

Re: This should be it for Matt Jones

Postby moochman » Thu Jul 10, 2008 11:25 am

You can't go a couple days without legal trouble for our mighty pigskin warriors. Jones sounds like he has lost his way. Career definetly in jeopardy.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Postby WaCougMBS » Fri Jul 11, 2008 1:56 am

moochman wrote:You can't go a couple days without legal trouble for our mighty pigskin warriors. Jones sounds like he has lost his way. Career definetly in jeopardy.

"career" being the operative term :-D
Av/sig by deluxe_247
WaCougMBS

Radio PimpEditorModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby stomperrob » Tue Aug 05, 2008 3:57 pm

Last modified 8/5/2008 - 4:25 am
Originally created 080508
Matt Jones trying to hang on
Embattled WR Jones enjoying his best camp
MICHAEL C. WRIGHTThe Times-Union

Fire pulsed through his blue eyes, and for a split second, tiny hints of a snarl threatened to tighten up his face.

No longer was this Matt Jones, the Jaguars wide receiver known for his lackadaisical body language.

This was a more serious, more focused Jones. Perhaps now, his passion can be ignited by something other than the "do-you-think-you-have-a-drug-problem?" question he faced the day he reported to training camp following a felony drug arrest.

"Anybody that's watched [training-camp practices] and had an open mind about it [would say] he's had a good first week of camp," Jaguars coach Jack Del Rio said. "He's done a nice job of competing, made some tough catches, been here every day. I don't know if you call it a surprise, but the fact is Matt has had his best week."

con't...

rest of article: http://www.jacksonville.com/tu-online/s ... 7819.shtml
Fantasy Football: "Luck is where preparation meets opportunity"
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 160)

Postby mystykoekaki » Wed Aug 06, 2008 5:19 pm

lol
mystykoekaki Beginner
General Manager
General Manager

Postby stomperrob » Tue Aug 12, 2008 1:25 pm

Update:

Matt Jones pleads not guilty
A trial date on the drug charge is set for Oct. 10 for the Jaguars receiver.
Alex Abrams
The Morning News of Northwest Arkansas

Jaguars receiver Matt Jones returned to the practice field Monday night, hours after pleading not guilty to felony cocaine possession earlier in the day in Fayetteville, Ark.

Jones declined to discuss his situation, saying through a team spokesman, "I can't comment until the case is resolved."

Jones arrived at the Washington County (Ark.) Circuit Court early Monday morning dressed in a dark pinstripe suit, blue shirt and green tie and left less than an hour later.

Free on $2,500 bond, Jones was given an Oct. 10 trial date.

The trial is set for two days before the Jaguars face the Denver Broncos on the road. If convicted, Jones could face three to 10 years in prison and a $10,000 fine.

Washington County prosecutor John Threet said first-time offenders in drug possession cases typically receive sentences of probation or time in Arkansas' drug court program. But Threet also indicated it would be a mistake to assume Jones would receive such a sentence.

The programs set forth in Arkansas' drug court call for a minimum time commitment of nine months. Jones and the Jaguars also face discipline from the league.

con't...

rest of article: http://www.jacksonville.com/tu-online/s ... 7704.shtml
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby stomperrob » Wed Oct 08, 2008 3:56 pm

Update:

Facing a drug charge, he'll enter a nine-month intervention program.
Alex Abrams
The Morning News of Northwest Arkansas

FAYETTEVILLE, Ark. - Jaguars wide receiver Matt Jones will avoid facing a trial Friday for felony possession of cocaine by agreeing to enter Washington County Drug Court.

As part of the agreement, Jones must complete a nine-month intervention program that includes 136 hours of group therapy and 30 hours of community service. He also must submit to at least 78 random drug tests.

Jones faced three to 10 years in prison and a $10,000 fine for the felony drug charge. If he completes the intervention program, the charge will be dismissed. But if the former Arkansas quarterback slips up, he'll go to trial as usual.

"He will be treated just like any other person in drug court," said Washington County Circuit Judge Mary Ann Gunn, who runs the program. "If he has a positive drug screen or he's noncompliant with the program, he may find himself in jail. He won't be treated any differently in that respect."

con't...

rest of article: http://www.jacksonville.com/tu-online/s ... 4701.shtml
stomperrob

Postby deluxe_247 » Wed Oct 08, 2008 6:35 pm

i just got a good scare before i read the date of the first post 8-o . i thought he did it again. :-b !+)

while he may have no fantasy relevance to some..i have a pretty deep 20 player league where matt has actually proven to be a pretty valuable LATE round pickup (save last week).
deluxe_247
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerBig Sig ChampionMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby 2ksports » Wed Oct 08, 2008 6:41 pm

Not only is it not it for Matt Jones, but he has been the focal point of the Jaguar passing attack (and an extremely difficult cover for any corner)
2ksports
Head Coach
Head Coach

(Past Year: 2)

Postby treat24 » Wed Oct 08, 2008 6:45 pm

yeah, it sounds like he will only get a couple game suspension
treat24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: I'm drinking 'til I forget the 1999 NFC Championship game.

Next

Return to Football Talk