Exotic Pets, Anyone?? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

Exotic Pets, Anyone??

Moderator: Football Moderators

Exotic Pets, Anyone??

Postby Daddymike59 » Thu Jul 10, 2008 1:36 pm

I've got 16 tarantulas, 5 snakes, 4 green anoles, 2 bearded dragons, 1 emperor scorpion and a green iguana. I guess that makes me full fledged amateur herpetologist. Does anyone else have an interesting pet or pets?

Props to Leber for the nice artwork!
Daddymike59
General Manager
General Manager

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Exotic Pets, Anyone??

Postby Nfl Fan » Thu Jul 10, 2008 1:52 pm

We have Carlos the Chameleon.

picture is for illustration purposes only. :-B
Yo, Met... thanks for the sig! GO DUCKS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This NEVER gets old and neither does THIS!!
Nfl Fan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 2)

Postby RiffRaff » Thu Jul 10, 2008 4:32 pm

A Bassett Hound is plenty exotic and messy enough for me. :-)
The Eagles rule, the Viqueens drool.
E-A-G-L-E-S EAGLES, EAGLES, EAGLES
RiffRaff
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerPick 3 ChampionCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: Big Old 0 for the Grill-0- Meter. Minnesota Weather Sucks

Postby scottaa1 » Thu Jul 10, 2008 4:40 pm

Daddymike59 wrote:I've got 16 tarantulas, 5 snakes, 4 green anoles, 2 bearded dragons, 1 emperor scorpion and a green iguana. I guess that makes me full fledged amateur herpetologist. Does anyone else have an interesting pet or pets?

Sounds like you're ready for a Battle Royale. Team Arachnid vs. Team Reptilian. :-D

I had a python for a few years. Morey eel. Lionfish. Remora. Octopus.

I know a guy who's into spiders and lizzards. He has them all in his basement, and when they molt he saves the old skins and places them strategicallly around his basement those unsuspecting people like me will suddenly notice a tarrantula on the ege of the sofa while we're sitting on it :-o
Thanks Chaoyi Shih for the sig.
scottaa1
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 13)

Postby mutantseabass » Thu Jul 10, 2008 6:03 pm

Honestly my house is a Zoo.

Exotic to me is a bit different then to most but here we go. Chinese Shar-Pei, good dogs, have had them for years. The female I have now is a trained watch dog and a good one at that. A puppy Presa Canario, shes not quite a year yet and is at about 120 pounds, goofy dog, a large lapdog if you would.

3 Bearded Dragons, orange morph, normal morph and Red morph. Very cool lizards, great for beginners. I have had numerous different kinds of snakes, iguananas and Chameleons in the past. I am looking to get a Jackson Chameleon this fall, very cool lizard. Lizards fascinate me, very prehistoric!

I have too many fish really to list, I have bred/imported almost every kind of fish you could think of. My highlights are my Reef tank, numerous salt predators (lionfish/Imperator Angel, Harlequin Tusk, Frogfish/Angler). My favorite fish is my Fahaka Puffer, straight from the Nile River in Africa, He is a beast 14 inches, one of the most powerful jaws of any fish on the planet(bite per square inch).

Very cool invertebrate I have had for a while. Peacock Mantis shrimp. This one is not mine, just for viewing sake. I will try and get a picture of mine on here. Their strike has been known to shatter glass aquariums and break fingers. U of Berkley did a study on they Mantis to measure the striking power of its claws. They concluded the strike of a Mantis shrimp is equal to a .22 Caliber bullet.

Then there is Satan, our Hyacinth MaCaw. Satan is 20 years old, he was originally my fathers bird, when my father passed away he willed the bird to me. See that me and Satan basically grew up together he is very responsive to me. If I can find some old pics I will post them in here, he is a gorgeous bird, but he does not like flashes, we had to take the television out of the room he is in. If the screen went from dark to light quickly he went nuts. Ever try and calm down a 3 foot bird with a hook for a beak, trust me its not pretty, well usually for me its not he is fine. :-b

"DAMMIT!!!!! I knew it, I knew it, I KNEW IT!!!!"-Immortal words of The Captain
mutantseabass
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby mutantseabass » Thu Jul 10, 2008 6:05 pm

Daddymike59 wrote:I've got 16 tarantulas, 5 snakes, 4 green anoles, 2 bearded dragons, 1 emperor scorpion and a green iguana. I guess that makes me full fledged amateur herpetologist. Does anyone else have an interesting pet or pets?

What kind of snakes you have DM? I have been thinking of getting a hypo corn snake.

mutantseabass
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby scottaa1 » Thu Jul 10, 2008 6:28 pm

mutantseabass wrote:A puppy Presa Canario, shes not quite a year yet and is at about 120 pounds, goofy dog, a large lapdog if you would.

I had to look that up. A Mastiff eh? VERY handsome and sturdy looking animal, and I'm sure she's a BIG SWEETIE!!!

Check these dogs out:
Thanks Chaoyi Shih for the sig.
scottaa1
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 13)

Postby Daddymike59 » Thu Jul 10, 2008 9:06 pm

mutantseabass wrote:

What kind of snakes you have DM? I have been thinking of getting a hypo corn snake.

I've got a corn snake, MSB. Orange and white about 3 ft long. Got 2 pakistani sand boas, a California Bannana King snake and a jalisco Mexican milk snake.

Props to Leber for the nice artwork!
Daddymike59
General Manager
General Manager

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Postby mutantseabass » Thu Jul 10, 2008 9:23 pm

Daddymike59 wrote:
mutantseabass wrote:

I've got a corn snake, MSB. Orange and white about 3 ft long. Got 2 pakistani sand boas, a California Bannana King snake and a jalisco Mexican milk snake.

Are the Corns as peaceful as most say they are? I have heard/read nothing but good things about the Corns.

BTW-Very cool collection of snakes man, how large is the iguana? I had one years ago that was roughly 4feet. At the time I was getting married and my wife wasnt too cool with reptiles. I gave him to a friend of mine, he is still alive. He has to be about 13-14 years old now. The spiders I could do without personally, just was never attracted to them, but cool non the less.

mutantseabass
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Postby mutantseabass » Thu Jul 10, 2008 9:27 pm

scottaa1 wrote:
mutantseabass wrote:A puppy Presa Canario, shes not quite a year yet and is at about 120 pounds, goofy dog, a large lapdog if you would.

I had to look that up. A Mastiff eh? VERY handsome and sturdy looking animal, and I'm sure she's a BIG SWEETIE!!!

Thanks man,My Presa is a fawn, she is a bit bigger then the one in the picture. They are a mastiff mix but you can really see the mastiff in them. I have never been into the larger breed dogs but my wife wanted this one, I will say she is really cool and very calm. Surprisngly she doesnt east as much as I thought she would. I will throw some pictures of her and my Shar pei up tomorrow.

mutantseabass
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Next

Return to General Talk