Phil Hellmuth The General - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

Phil Hellmuth The General

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Phil Hellmuth The General

Postby Jimboozie » Sun Jul 13, 2008 9:05 pm

flotsamnjetsam wrote:What an idiot. :-t

I don't dislike many poker players, but Hellmuth is by FAR my least favorite. The only other people that bother me are the people that scream at the top of their lungs when they win a pot. I can't wait to watch Hellmuth crash & burn this year.

Big Hands and Storylines:

Phil Hellmuth Eliminated in 45th Place

It’s official: This year’s World Series of Poker main event winner will not be a former champion.

After watching his stack slowly chip away, Phil Hellmuth finally made his stand by moving all in for 405,000 from under the gun. Hellmuth’s shove marked the first time today that Hellmuth was at risk for all of his chips. The action folded to Andrew Rosskamm who called. As the spectators rose to their feet, Hellmuth turned over AQ to Rosskamm’s JJ. As the shouts of encouragement came, the flop fell K43, failing to give Hellmuth a pair. As the dealer prepared to deal the turn card, several shouts of turn card requests from audience members filled the ESPN featured table area. Just as someone had requested, the 10 fell on the turn. This card gave Hellmuth several ways of winning the pot on the river. The chips would go his way if the river card was any ace, jack, queen, or heart. The crowd silenced as the 2 fell on the river.

Hellmuth earned $154,400 for his 45th place finish, bringing his WSOP career total earnings to $6,008,145, including 11 bracelet victories. After politely shaking the hands of his tablemates, Hellmuth exited the tournament area with a storm of obscenities, cursing his inability to “catch a break.”

Main event updates: http://www.cardplayer.com/tournaments/l ... ates/14422
Jimboozie Beginner
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Jimboozie » Sun Jul 13, 2008 9:21 pm

What bothers me about Hellmuth is that, despite his tremendous success, he has yet to release a poker book/video/article that is worth two shits.
Jimboozie Beginner
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby WaCougMBS » Mon Jul 14, 2008 1:50 am

Jimboozie wrote:What bothers me about Hellmuth is that, despite his tremendous success, he has yet to release a poker book/video/article that is worth two shits.

Based on this statement, I would classify you as either a Lion or a Jackal...Oh wait, or is it a mouse? Or an elephant? :-?

LOL, that book was such a self-aggrandizing crock...
Av/sig by deluxe_247
WaCougMBS

Radio PimpEditorModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Polar Bear » Mon Jul 14, 2008 3:25 pm

I'm a Hellmuth fan. I got to meet him once and what a cordial guy, at least I thought so. I play a lot of poker and I have friends that are in the poker scene. They all have said that outside the table Hellmuth is one of the classiest guys. He is known to be a whiny bitch, but he always plays straight up. Maybe some of you know more than I do about him, but outside of poker I think he is a stand up guy.

The guy that annoys me the most is Sheik.
Polar Bear
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby RiffRaff » Mon Jul 14, 2008 5:25 pm

Jimboozie wrote:What bothers me about Hellmuth is that, despite his tremendous success, he has yet to release a poker book/video/article that is worth two shits.

Agreed, I got one of his books and I don't think I'll finish it. :-t
The Eagles rule, the Viqueens drool.
E-A-G-L-E-S EAGLES, EAGLES, EAGLES
RiffRaff
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerPick 3 ChampionCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: Big Old 0 for the Grill-0- Meter. Minnesota Weather Sucks

Postby Cowboys 4 life » Mon Jul 14, 2008 7:15 pm

There are a ton of classics on youtube of Phil getting pissed. I can't stand the guy unless he is pissed. Then he is funny.

Here is a good one.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pL2-3Krz7Ns
Cowboys 4 life

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 79)
Location: Somewhere between Silicon Valley and a bunch of Fruits

Postby Art Vandelay » Tue Jul 15, 2008 11:11 am

Polar Bear wrote:I'm a Hellmuth fan. I got to meet him once and what a cordial guy, at least I thought so. I play a lot of poker and I have friends that are in the poker scene. They all have said that outside the table Hellmuth is one of the classiest guys. He is known to be a whiny bitch, but he always plays straight up. Maybe some of you know more than I do about him, but outside of poker I think he is a stand up guy.

I've heard pretty much the same. I know a professional poker player who is actually a pretty big name in the game, he told me that Hellmuth's whole act is just that. He has basically created a love-him-or-hate-him character that the TV networks love and the audience either love, or love to hate, but you can't deny his popularity and success. He's not exactly humble away from the table, but he's not the condescending prick that he comes across as.
Art Vandelay
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Home Cafe: Baseball

Previous

Return to General Talk