Help the rookie - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Help the rookie

Moderator: Football Moderators

Help the rookie

Postby TA » Sat Aug 31, 2002 3:31 pm

This is my first year playing fantasy football. I am in a 10 team salary cap league. rules are as follows...

QB. 6 pts a td (thrown or ran) 1pt per 50 yards in the air, 1 pt per 20 ran, -2 per int

RB. 6 pts a td, 1pt per 20 rush/rec, -2 fumble.

WR. 6pts a td, 1pt per 20/rec/rush, -2 fumble.

Some bonus's apply as well 300 yard passing, 100 yard rushing, 100 yard recieving.

starting lineups are 1qb, 2rb, 2wr, 1 te, 1k, 1D

Now My team...

QB -- Aaron Brooks and Gus Frerotte
RB -- Ahman Green, Priest Holmes, Thomas Jones, Kevin Faulk
WR -- Joe Horn, Derrick Mason, Donte Stalworth, Wayne Chrebet
TE -- Chad Lewis, Alge Crumpler
K -- David Akers, Morten Anderson
D -- BUCS & JETS
TA

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Postby SolarfluX » Sat Aug 31, 2002 4:37 pm

Looks good to me, although I'd drop Morten and pick up another RB or WR. You only need another kicker for your bye-week fill-in. Same might apply to the Jets D.
SolarfluX
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Football

Postby Arlo » Sat Aug 31, 2002 4:39 pm

Looks like you did rather well - you certainly managed to squeeze quite a bit out of your cap allotment. ;-D

Exactly what kind of salary cap format are you using? How are transactions made?

I do have one minor suggestion: Priest Holmes is coming off a career year which he may or may not be able to repeat, but is unlikely to exceed - in other words, you won't be able to make much of a profit on him. A sleeper back (Clinton Portis, depending on his cost?) might give you more opportunity to gain value, and you could use the money saved to pick up a sure-fire QB. Brooks is very good, but with your scoring (6 points for a passing td) favoring QBs, you might want someone even better.

In the same vein, you may also want to get rid of your substitute K and TE, neither of which will earn you much profit. Instead, grab sleepers at RB or WR, which could gain you both points and cash...
Arlo
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Return to Football Talk