keeper rules question - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Commissioner's Corner

keeper rules question

Moderator: Football Moderators

keeper rules question

Postby LegendoftheFall » Fri Jul 11, 2008 9:13 am

in my league, you are allowed to keep 2 players and during the draft,you get to keep that player in whatever round the player was drafted the previous year. (players can only be kept once)The rule is :if 2 players are kept that were taken in the same round then you have to keep one player in the previous round. The problem comes in when an owner wants to keep 2 1st round draft picks from the year before. How to handle this? Previously we counted one as a 1st, the other as a 2nd. This year someone is actually doing it and there is some grumbling because its Brady and LT. Too late to change the rule this year but i suggested maybe starting next year, to keep 2 1st rounders you have to give up your 1st, 2nd, and maybe a middle round pick (8th?) . Does anyone have a better solution? some said you shouldnt be able to keep 2 1st rounders at all, but i disagree. Others say you have to trade for an additional 1st round pick to be able to keep the other 1st rounder. i disagree with this too because i say they already gave up alot to acquire the extra 1st rounder and its already going to cost them a high pick to keep, they shouldnt have to give up so much again just to keep a player they already have acquired....

Thanks for any input.
LegendoftheFall
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Football

Re: keeper rules question

Postby spodog » Fri Jul 11, 2008 1:32 pm

spodog
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe RankerCafe SpotterWeb SupporterMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Re: keeper rules question

Postby LegendoftheFall » Fri Jul 11, 2008 9:14 pm

Wow. Eerily similar. Thanks
LegendoftheFall
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Return to Commissioner's Corner