New Iphone - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

New Iphone

Moderator: Football Moderators

New Iphone

Postby The Balanced Man » Fri Jul 11, 2008 12:45 pm

Anybody buy the new iPhone? I've got the iPod touch, and have been a huge fan, and I'm just getting the sofware upgrade so it has the same stuff as the Iphone (sans the phone of course).

500 New Applications were released today, 25% of which are free. They all look awsome. One turns your iPod into a universal remote, awsome looking games, Etc.

Can't wait to download the new software when I get home ;-D
The Balanced Man
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Re: New Iphone

Postby PMoneyTKE » Fri Jul 11, 2008 2:19 pm

I've got the original Iphone, I was tempted to upgrade but the 3g isn't worth the extra 10 a month on top of my already ridiculous cell phone plan.

I am however psyched for all the awesome applications. I've been reading about them all day at work, can't wait to get home and try some of them. :-D
Boobies
PMoneyTKE
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby beanoX3 » Fri Jul 11, 2008 3:05 pm

I'll probably never buy one. Expensive, too much limitations, and its an Apple product. Screw Apple. :-b
The cake is a lie.
beanoX3
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby steelerfan513 » Fri Jul 11, 2008 3:23 pm

I've got a 16GB Touch, and I love it. Unfortunately, I can't seem to get the applications to sync onto my iPod, so if someone has any success doing that and can help me out, please do so.

EDIT: For the touch, you need to download the newest software upgrade in order to add applications to your iPod, and I don't think the upgrade is functioning correctly yet. I've tried to download it a few times with no success. :-/
Kudos to Leber for the amazing sig and to Metroid for the userbar and making them both fit
2008 and 2009 Defunct Dynasty League Champion
steelerfan513
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown Survivor

Postby deerayfan072 » Fri Jul 11, 2008 3:58 pm

SAN FRANCISCO: On Friday, the iPhone was the iCan't for many users.

Apple suffered massive network gridlock Friday morning as many of the six million users of the original iPhone tried to upgrade to new software at the same time as the first buyers of the new iPhone 3G were trying to activate their purchases.

The problem was magnified by the company's campaign to persuade Macintosh users to switch from its .Mac Web service to a new MobileMe service that is intended to seamlessly share information between Macintosh computers and the iPhone.

http://www.iht.com/articles/2008/07/11/business/12iphone.php
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby RiffRaff » Fri Jul 11, 2008 6:16 pm

:-t

However the remote control is nice. :-b
The Eagles rule, the Viqueens drool.
E-A-G-L-E-S EAGLES, EAGLES, EAGLES
RiffRaff
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerPick 3 ChampionCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: Big Old 0 for the Grill-0- Meter. Minnesota Weather Sucks

Postby WaCougMBS » Sat Jul 12, 2008 3:03 am

deerayfan072 wrote:
SAN FRANCISCO: On Friday, the iPhone was the iCan't for many users.

Apple suffered massive network gridlock Friday morning as many of the six million users of the original iPhone tried to upgrade to new software at the same time as the first buyers of the new iPhone 3G were trying to activate their purchases.

The problem was magnified by the company's campaign to persuade Macintosh users to switch from its .Mac Web service to a new MobileMe service that is intended to seamlessly share information between Macintosh computers and the iPhone.

http://www.iht.com/articles/2008/07/11/business/12iphone.php

Good thinking on their part, lol!

I am updating my original 8GB (That Ive had for months, you bandwagoners :-D ) as we speak...

I hope it lives up to the hype :-? :-o
Last edited by WaCougMBS on Sat Jul 12, 2008 12:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Av/sig by deluxe_247
WaCougMBS

Radio PimpEditorModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Cowboys 4 life » Sat Jul 12, 2008 11:51 am

That is why I never like to be Bleeding edge. I wait till all the problems shake out then jump on it.
Cowboys 4 life

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 79)
Location: Somewhere between Silicon Valley and a bunch of Fruits

Postby steelerfan513 » Sat Jul 12, 2008 1:08 pm

Looks like they fixed their problems b/c I'm downloading the update for my touch right now with no problems. ;-D
Kudos to Leber for the amazing sig and to Metroid for the userbar and making them both fit
2008 and 2009 Defunct Dynasty League Champion
steelerfan513
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown Survivor

Postby WaCougMBS » Sat Jul 12, 2008 1:46 pm

steelerfan513 wrote:Looks like they fixed their problems b/c I'm downloading the update for my touch right now with no problems. ;-D

Yup, they appear to have ironed out the glitches. Updating my wife's iPhone took about half the time that it did to do mine. Go figure... ;-)
Av/sig by deluxe_247
WaCougMBS

Radio PimpEditorModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Next

Return to General Talk