2008 rookies - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

2008 rookies

Moderator: Football Moderators

2008 rookies

Postby Ed4252 » Fri Jul 11, 2008 5:54 pm

Compared to last year, which positions are more talented than last year's class? (looking at a dynasty standpoint and not redraft)

QB: There isn't much at QB this year compared to last year. Russell,Quinn and Edwards seem like better options than Brohm, Ryan, and Flacco.

RB: Is this year's class talentwise better than AD/Lynch/Selvin?

WR: I don't think this year's WR class will be able to match the talent of CJ/Bowe/Rice/Gonzalez.

TE: How does this year's TE class compare to last year's Zach Miller/Olsen?

DL: The DL seems superior compared to last year's

LB: I don't think the 2008 LB class will be able to match the talent of Willis/Poslus/Beason/Harris.

K: Kickers in the 2007 class weren't very good besides Crosby and Folk. How good are Barth, Mehlhaff and Coutu?
Ed4252
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: 2008 rookies

Postby deerayfan072 » Fri Jul 11, 2008 7:45 pm

Ed4252 wrote:Compared to last year, which positions are more talented than last year's class? (looking at a dynasty standpoint and not redraft)

QB: There isn't much at QB this year compared to last year. Russell,Quinn and Edwards seem like better options than Brohm, Ryan, and Flacco.

WR: I don't think this year's WR class will be able to match the talent of CJ/Bowe/Rice/Gonzalez.

LB: I don't think the 2008 LB class will be able to match the talent of Willis/Poslus/Beason/Harris.

K: Kickers in the 2007 class weren't very good besides Crosby and Folk. How good are Barth, Mehlhaff and Coutu?

I will take them 1 at a time

QB - Flacco is better than any of the QBs from last season. I like Brohm going forward, but it will be a bit. The QBs are not great, but an upgrade overall from last season.

RB - Last years class was very Top heavy. AD and Lynch are studs and will be. I think this years class is more solid all around. You have Stewy/Mendy/McFadden that will all have solid careers and 2 will be studs IMO.

WR - Last years class was much better IMO and this years class is a downgrade, but there are some talented ones in this class. I also think the lower tier guys in this season have a much higher ceiling than the ones from last season in those tiers, so if they hit the ceiling this class could actually be decent.

TE - This class is a lot better than last year and you will get some solid TE's in dynasty drafts.

Defense - Don't really play IDP, but on a football standpoint this years defense class was pretty solid

Kickers - :-b
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby The Lung » Mon Jul 14, 2008 12:47 pm

Ed4252 wrote:Compared to last year, which positions are more talented than last year's class? (looking at a dynasty standpoint and not redraft)

QB - I'm likely in the minority in that I think this year's class is heads and tails above last year. I think Flacco, Ryan, Brohm, Henne, Booty, and Josh Johnson have MUCH higher ceilings than Russell, Quinn, Beck, Kolb, Edwards, etc.

RB - Last year's class had studs in Peterson and Lynch who are imo future hall-of-famers, and then next to nothing afterwards. This year's class has Stewart & Mendenhall who are future pro bowlers, and Felix Jones, Matt Forte and Kevin Smith who have very high ceilings. I've gone on record many times as someone who thinks McFadden will be a great bust. Probably a wash when comparing RB classes between this year and last.

WR - Last years class was simply worlds above this year's. I like Devin Thomas and Limas Sweed this year and that is really it. I don't think much of Hardy, Avery, Kelly, etc. AT ALL.

TE - I don't think much of either class.
(~);}

(~);}
The Lung

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 61)

Postby killiansjmd » Mon Jul 14, 2008 1:34 pm

QB - I think both classes are pretty even. Time will tell how they are develop but I also think Flacco could really develop into a big time QB and I think Quinn could also if given the chance.

RB - There is no ADP or Lynch is this years class but I think this years class could be deeper. I think McFAdden will be a bust but Stewart and Forte will be studs.

WR - This years class was not very talented as far as first round talent but there are a few guys who could really develop. Last years right now is much better.

TE - This years class is much deeper and talented. Led by Keller and Carlson.
Thanks to Metroid for the sig!
killiansjmd
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Return to Football Talk