Who is LT's back-up? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Who is LT's back-up?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Who is LT's back-up?

Postby ninremix » Sun Jul 13, 2008 2:44 am

I have been to a couple websites and seen Jacob Hester listed as LT's Backup. I was under the ipression that it was going to be Darren Sporles anyone have any info?

FootballGuys.com has this as their depth Chart
LaDainian Tomlinson
Jacob Hester (FB)
Darren Sproles (KR/PR)
Marcus Thomas
ninremix
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Who is LT's back-up?

Postby mikus » Sun Jul 13, 2008 11:30 am

I think this will be hashed out in training camp. Sproles certainly will get a lot of PT, but more as a third-down kind of guy. If LT went down, I could see Hester or Thomas getting a good chunk of work.

Probably a better discussion for this forum:

viewforum.php?f=1
Thanks to madaslives911 for the sweet sig!
The Hazean: Fantasy football galore
mikus
General Manager
General Manager

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
Location: Same place as every other blogger: My Mom's basement. That is where bloggers work, right?

Postby treat24 » Sun Jul 13, 2008 11:32 am

My best guess would be Hester, but there is a lot of time til the season for that to be figured out.
treat24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: I'm drinking 'til I forget the 1999 NFC Championship game.

Postby BlueBandit24 » Sun Jul 13, 2008 11:36 am

I'd say it would be a pretty even split between Hester and Sproles, with Hester being the grinder and Sproles the speedy scatback. Marcus Thomas could steal some touches if he impresses enough. I don't think LT needs to be handcuffed this year because I don't see any of these guys having enough value if he goes down.
BlueBandit24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby deerayfan072 » Sun Jul 13, 2008 12:26 pm

Hester and Sproles depending on what situation they are in. There is no Turner behind him to him handcuff him to. IF LT were to go down I think it would be a RBBC with Hester and Sproles.
deerayfan072
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby thriftyrocker » Sun Jul 13, 2008 2:03 pm

Sproles. But it would be a RBBC with Hester getting 5-10 carries and inside the 5.
thriftyrocker

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 2)

Postby biju » Sun Jul 13, 2008 2:12 pm

I have read that Hester has been lining up more as a fullback and that the better handcuff is actually Marcus Thomas, but everything is conjecture at this point. Sproles probably would be in the mix no matter what though as I can see the Chargers moving to a RBBC if Tomlinson were to go down.

It's going to be a lot easier to tell how this will go down when preseason starts up.

;-D
biju
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 Survivor

Postby moochman » Sun Jul 13, 2008 5:54 pm

One wonders if the Bolts wouldn't be in the market for a vet RB as the season approaches.

Sproles is most familiar with the system so I would give him the early edge. There are many questions about how well Hester will do in the pros. Don't know much about Thomas.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 82)

Postby aaawall91 » Sun Jul 13, 2008 6:39 pm

Hester is the equivalent to Lorenzo Neal. His value will rise just slightly if LT goes down as his role will be pretty much the same with a slight increase in short yardage.

I would say Sproles gets his chance at the majority of the carries if LT were to go down, but would be a short leash which is typical in these kind of situations in order to give all backs a chance to try and take the reins.

I know about nothing on Thomas as well but him and Sproles are the two backs I would handcuff LT with in deep dynastys.

In a league that gives points for PR/KR yardage he is one of the better handcuffs out there, especially if you have LT.
aaawall91
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 62)

Postby Wenchtamer » Sun Jul 13, 2008 7:23 pm

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/36383-can-the-oakland-raiders-derail-the-san-diego-chargers
The Chargers released Neal in the hopes that Andrew Pinnock would be a more than adequate replacement. They also feel their second-round pick, Jacob Hester, can take over for Turner, a free agent, who was signed by the Atlanta Falcons.

From everything I have read, it is looking like Pinnock will be taking over regular fullback duties, with Hester supposedly lining up at halfback, fullback, and as a slot receiver. In the even that Tomlinson went down, I would say San Diego would be in a full-fledged RBBC. Hester would be the pounder, Sproles would be in on 3rd downs and passing plays, and Thomas would also see some touches.
Wenchtamer
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

CafeholicCafe Musketeer

Next

Return to Football Talk