Tried something new with the font... - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Contests and Showing Off

Tried something new with the font...

Moderators: deluxe_247, Football Moderators

Tried something new with the font...

Postby BGbootha » Mon Jul 14, 2008 1:52 am

Not sure if I love it or not...but let me know what you think. I made it for a buddy here on the cafe, so you should see it around (Especially those of you in Wide Right)

BGbootha
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Teaching is the Greatest Job in the World!!! (during the Summer)

Re: Tried something new with the font...

Postby joelamosobadiah » Mon Jul 14, 2008 9:09 am

Not a big fan personally. Just seems really busy and overpowering. Basically you used wind and blast effects, right? I can see it working if you aded out the effect a little bit and put it behind the renders, but you made the renders look like part of the background and the text as the main focus.
joelamosobadiah
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby BGbootha » Mon Jul 14, 2008 1:43 pm

joelamosobadiah wrote:Not a big fan personally. Just seems really busy and overpowering. Basically you used wind and blast effects, right? I can see it working if you aded out the effect a little bit and put it behind the renders, but you made the renders look like part of the background and the text as the main focus.

Yeah I actually agree.....I have just hit a wall...all the sigs I Have made lately kinda look the same..thought I would try this one.....
BGbootha
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: Teaching is the Greatest Job in the World!!! (during the Summer)

Postby joelamosobadiah » Mon Jul 14, 2008 2:21 pm

I would try Sj's tutorial (either one) he has posted here. Take some tips off of those for the backgrounds using stock photos, etc. That's the key to really improving your sigs. That is when my sig taking really took off to the next level at least. Everybody finds their own niche so to speak.
joelamosobadiah
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Return to Contests and Showing Off