Kevin Smith - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Kevin Smith

Moderator: Football Moderators

Kevin Smith

Postby ROYALWITCHEESE » Mon Jul 14, 2008 1:13 pm

6'1, 217. He's a tall "glider" that has good size, speed, and vision. Sort of a Marcus Allen look to his stride. Pretty good pass blocker and should see some 3rd down work as well. Can get to the second level on speed, or one of the many moves at his disposal. Ran a 4.4, but does he have the home run speed? Highlights would suggest he does. Great in the hole with moves and finding the crease. Concern with this guy was his heavy workload last year, although his style isn't really that of a punishing RB that takes unecessary hits. Played in a barely average conference. Some think he left a year too soon. Playing behind a mediocre line that is transitioning from heavy pass to heavy run. Is behind Tatum Bell on the depth chart, but it seems that he will claim the starting spot before the season. Some love him, some hate him. I am decidely right in the middle, enamored with his college play, but skeptical of his ability to be great on this level. Although he does have the skill package to succeed, will the team around him allow him to realize his potential soon enough?

Thoughts on the rookie?

"Even if I had no legs, I would STILL get open" -Chad Ochocinco
ROYALWITCHEESE
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Kevin Smith

Postby PMoneyTKE » Mon Jul 14, 2008 1:59 pm

Lots of good discussion on him in here ;-D
Boobies
PMoneyTKE
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Return to Football Talk