Why is fantasy football so addicting? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Beginner's Forum

Why is fantasy football so addicting?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Why is fantasy football so addicting?

Postby Grandtheory » Sat Aug 09, 2008 4:41 pm

I'm brand new to the sport. I've never been much of a fan of sports, but I'll watch a Monday night football game or two during the year. I'm familiar with some of the stars' names (Manning, Moss, LT, TO, etc.) but I couldn't pick most NFL players out of a lineup if I had to. But I just took a new job in a new city (Muncie, IN) and since I don't know anyone and I'm 9 hrs from my girlfriend, I'm going to become a football fan. I decided the best way to go about it is to play fantasy football, that way I can become familiar with ALL of the teams instead of just the Colts- Because Peyton is a UT boy just like me! An old college friend of mine said he would have his commish send me an invite before he starts his league this year. Once I heard that, I started pouring hours into researching the players.

2 questions:

1) Are drafts held online? In other words, am I going to have to drive 9 hrs to be at a live fantasy draft with my old college pals?

2) Do most people play in more than one league?
Grandtheory Beginner
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Why is fantasy football so addicting?

Postby flotsamnjetsam » Sun Aug 10, 2008 11:51 pm

Grandtheory wrote:I'm brand new to the sport. I've never been much of a fan of sports, but I'll watch a Monday night football game or two during the year. I'm familiar with some of the stars' names (Manning, Moss, LT, TO, etc.) but I couldn't pick most NFL players out of a lineup if I had to. But I just took a new job in a new city (Muncie, IN) and since I don't know anyone and I'm 9 hrs from my girlfriend, I'm going to become a football fan. I decided the best way to go about it is to play fantasy football, that way I can become familiar with ALL of the teams instead of just the Colts- Because Peyton is a UT boy just like me! An old college friend of mine said he would have his commish send me an invite before he starts his league this year. Once I heard that, I started pouring hours into researching the players.

2 questions:

1) Are drafts held online? In other words, am I going to have to drive 9 hrs to be at a live fantasy draft with my old college pals?

2) Do most people play in more than one league?

Welcome to the Cafe! ;-D

Next time you should start your own topic. You'll get more responses that way. ;-D

Yes drafts are held online. I'm in several leagues and all of them draft online. We do slow drafts (24 hours per pick) here on the Cafe in the DRAFT ROOMS INSIDE forum. Some sites allow live drafts. I have one on cbssportline.com in 2 weeks. myfantasyleague.com also has live drafts. Both are pay sites but only amount to a few bucks a piece.

As far as # of leagues, it just depends on how much extra time you have. Some are in 1 or 2. Some are in 20+.

Good luck! ;-D

Thanks to deluxe_247 for the awesome sig!
flotsamnjetsam

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)
Home Cafe: Football

Previous

Return to Beginner's Forum