Lendale White - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Lendale White

Moderator: Football Moderators

Lendale White

Postby saintgriff42 » Wed Jul 16, 2008 12:01 am

Just wondering how everyone thinks he will do this year drop in production or surpass last year
saintgriff42
Monday Morning Quarterback

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Ledale White

Postby buffalobillsrul2002 » Wed Jul 16, 2008 1:17 am

I actually think he'll do pretty well. I don't see why he can't come close to last year's totals, which put him as the 17th ranked RB in fantasy. In reality, I have him in the #20-22 range. I don't think Johnson (1st round pick) takes much from LenDale; it's not like LenDale was doing much out of the backfield receiving-wise anyways last year. Also, he was only getting about 60-70% of the carries in the Titans offense last year; I think that's about what he sees next year.

I've seen him go in the 5th and 6th rounds of 12-team drafts. He's awesome value there, in my opinion....
buffalobillsrul2002
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby LS2throwed » Wed Jul 16, 2008 6:27 am

He's a nice safe pick, his YPC might not be the best but fantasy wise that won't matter, he is in a running first offense and Fisher loves to grind it out, he gets all his goal line carries, and should still be over 200+ carries...He's going in a decent spot, he's certainly not winning anybody games, but he is a solid guy to give you something on the stat sheet, I think he can be a double digit TD guy even with CJ there.
Current Cafe Dynasties:
4th and Goal
Fourth & Inches
Double D
Any Given Dynasty
Eat Cheese Dynasty
NFL's Finest
Cafe Very Special Forces
LS2throwed
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby sappisgod » Wed Jul 16, 2008 6:29 am

buffalobillsrul2002 wrote:I actually think he'll do pretty well. I don't see why he can't come close to last year's totals, which put him as the 17th ranked RB in fantasy. In reality, I have him in the #20-22 range. I don't think Johnson (1st round pick) takes much from LenDale; it's not like LenDale was doing much out of the backfield receiving-wise anyways last year. Also, he was only getting about 60-70% of the carries in the Titans offense last year; I think that's about what he sees next year.

I've seen him go in the 5th and 6th rounds of 12-team drafts. He's awesome value there, in my opinion....

Agreed. Johnson will have a lot on his plate if he's used as a receiver out of the backfield, lined up wide, returning, and seeing some carries. I can't see him becoming a heavily-used rushing option for some time, if at all. LenDale on the other hand has been undervalued IMO, rushing for 1100 and 7 while being injured. I like his chances for a repeat performance, with maybe some upside.
sappisgod
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby thriftyrocker » Thu Jul 17, 2008 12:15 am

He has the potential to be a double-digit TD guy, but if Vince is healthy I don't think that will happen. If healthy I see Vince stealing a bunch of TDs on the ground that might otherwise go to White.

I don't think Chris Johnson takes away any more than Henry/Brown did last year. I mean, you knew LenDale wouldn't get a lot of catches anyway, and this just cements it.
thriftyrocker

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 2)

Postby Bobbleheadrusty » Thu Jul 17, 2008 5:27 am

I like him. I think he is the perfect #3 RB and will probably be a decent #2. If I am targeting one of the rookie starters LenDale is a guy I want to compliment him as a safety pick. I dont think he winds up a top 10 back, but he could easily wind up anywhere from 11-20. Based on ADPs you could get him, Jacobs, McFadden and Turner without using a 1st or 2nd round pick and instead get yourself a stud QB and WR. (especially if you arent a top-6 pick) and be pretty happy going into the season.
Bobbleheadrusty
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

Return to Football Talk