Salary Cap/Dynasty questions - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Commissioner's Corner

Salary Cap/Dynasty questions

Moderator: Football Moderators

Salary Cap/Dynasty questions

Postby Steeltowne Commish_The Slovene » Wed Jul 16, 2008 8:27 am

I've got a couple of these and need some opinions.

1. How does a guy on IR effect your salary cap? My league, under I think an erroneous assumption, has ruled that because a guy on IR does not count against an NFL team's salary cap, that we will follow course. If a guy is on IR, we don't count his salary against the cap. Do you agree with that practice (even if the premise is wrong)?

2. If you agree with our practice in #1, doesn't it seem reasonable that at the beginning of a new season, all guys on the previous year's IR are removed from fantasy IR and those salaries reinstated? Where do you look to find out the status of a player relative to IR?

3. What about retired guys like Favre? We didn't let his salary count against the cap when he was retired (obviously). However, how would you categorize him today? Is he retired or not?
"He who puts on the armor ought not to boast like him who takes it off."
Steeltowne Commish_The Slovene
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Salary Cap/Dynasty questions

Postby dream_017 » Wed Jul 16, 2008 10:52 am

Steeltowne Commish_The Slovene wrote:I've got a couple of these and need some opinions.

1. How does a guy on IR effect your salary cap? My league, under I think an erroneous assumption, has ruled that because a guy on IR does not count against an NFL team's salary cap, that we will follow course. If a guy is on IR, we don't count his salary against the cap. Do you agree with that practice (even if the premise is wrong)?

My league here at the cafe includes players on IR in their cap. I have heard of it both ways, but if you do not include it then there has to be very explicit rules because people can work the system then you have even bigger problems. Are there cap penalties for cutting players? Are IR players only players that are on NFL IR?

Steeltowne Commish_The Slovene wrote:2. If you agree with our practice in #1, doesn't it seem reasonable that at the beginning of a new season, all guys on the previous year's IR are removed from fantasy IR and those salaries reinstated? Where do you look to find out the status of a player relative to IR?

IR is on the team injury reports. Yes, I would say that all players are again activated to the roster and then need to be re-placed to the IR
Steeltowne Commish_The Slovene wrote:3. What about retired guys like Favre? We didn't let his salary count against the cap when he was retired (obviously). However, how would you categorize him today? Is he retired or not?

He is still retired until reinstated to the league, which I think he is in the process of doing, but as of right now I think he is still retired.
dream_017
Cafe Google
Cafe Google

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 60)

Postby Steeltowne Commish_The Slovene » Wed Jul 16, 2008 11:14 am

dream_017 wrote: Are there cap penalties for cutting players? Are IR players only players that are on NFL IR?.

I use NFL.com. We have 2 slots in our 22 man roster for any injured player, but these must be used only on guys who have the injured red cross beside their names. If there are no injured players, these slots are empty. If a guy ends up on the NFL's injured reserve, then he remains on the roster and permenantly occupies one of these 2 slots. We just remove his salary from the cap calculations while on IR. We don't use any penalties for cutting players.

dream_017 wrote: IR is on the team injury reports. Yes, I would say that all players are again activated to the roster and then need to be re-placed to the IR ?

Can you provide a link to a team's injury report?

Thanks.
"He who puts on the armor ought not to boast like him who takes it off."
Steeltowne Commish_The Slovene
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby dream_017 » Wed Jul 16, 2008 11:29 am

Steeltowne Commish_The Slovene wrote:
dream_017 wrote: IR is on the team injury reports. Yes, I would say that all players are again activated to the roster and then need to be re-placed to the IR ?

Can you provide a link to a team's injury report?

Thanks.

I use the USAtoday
dream_017
Cafe Google
Cafe Google

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 60)

Return to Commissioner's Corner