Head Coach in your fantasy league? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Commissioner's Corner

Head Coach in your fantasy league?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Head Coach in your fantasy league?

Postby Bobbleheadrusty » Fri Aug 01, 2008 5:51 pm

shawngee03 wrote:i dont understand all teh hostility(not trying to start a post fight, i just like teh word hostility). its just another position to fill with rewards for good and losses for bad. it still takes skill when to play him and not. and it adds another interesting flavor to teh game. i like it, but i must say i will never do it. i just cant see everybody gettiing on board w it, which is obvious from teh respones here.

I guess THE hostility is based on the fact that a head coach really has no quantifiable stats other then wins and losses. Most head coach leagues I've seen award points merely for that, and I think THE backlash is feeling that those categories don't really show how effective a coach can be. Additionally THE fact that there is no gradation, no ability to score partial points, is a big turnoff for me. A position player who has an average game can still score partial points for limited production, with a coach you either get THE points or not.

It is just personal opinion.

{Can someone explain to me what purpose type "teh" instead of "the" serves?}
Bobbleheadrusty
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Head Coach in your fantasy league?

Postby shawngee03 » Mon Aug 04, 2008 3:14 pm

Bobbleheadrusty wrote:
shawngee03 wrote:i dont understand all teh hostility(not trying to start a post fight, i just like teh word hostility). its just another position to fill with rewards for good and losses for bad. it still takes skill when to play him and not. and it adds another interesting flavor to teh game. i like it, but i must say i will never do it. i just cant see everybody gettiing on board w it, which is obvious from teh respones here.

I guess THE hostility is based on the fact that a head coach really has no quantifiable stats other then wins and losses. Most head coach leagues I've seen award points merely for that, and I think THE backlash is feeling that those categories don't really show how effective a coach can be. Additionally THE fact that there is no gradation, no ability to score partial points, is a big turnoff for me. A position player who has an average game can still score partial points for limited production, with a coach you either get THE points or not.

It is just personal opinion.

{Can someone explain to me what purpose type "teh" instead of "the" serves?}

sorry. when i type my hands just naturally type those two letters backwards each time. i use outlook at work so it corrects it naturally, so i havent had a need to correct it myself. ill try and go back and correct them from now on.

the fun answer is its part of my mind control device used to take over he world...pinky and TEH brain style

and i can see how only having + or minus 10 pts would suck.
shawngee03
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Home Cafe: Football

Previous

Return to Commissioner's Corner