Beer Recommendations - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

Beer Recommendations

Moderator: Football Moderators

Beer Recommendations

Postby Polar Bear » Wed Jul 16, 2008 8:44 pm

I have always been an import man myself. I have always loved the popular Canadian Beers such as Labatt Blue and Molson. I have been venturing out and trying some of the lesser known name brands. When I was in college it was whatever the cheapest was, which meant Busch.

But my favorite is still Corona.

I am looking for some new beer to try though. I have been drinking the same stuff for too long. Any recommendations?
Polar Bear
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Beer Recommendations

Postby RiffRaff » Wed Jul 16, 2008 9:40 pm

Polar Bear wrote:I have always been an import man myself. I have always loved the popular Canadian Beers such as Labatt Blue and Molson. I have been venturing out and trying some of the lesser known name brands. When I was in college it was whatever the cheapest was, which meant Busch.

I am looking for some new beer to try though. I have been drinking the same stuff for too long. Any recommendations?

Since your favorite beer is Mexico's Finest water you must really enjoy goat piss. Seriously, take in deep smells of Corona for 10 seconds and see if you still consider it your favorite. If you cannot smell the skunk proceed to your nearest hospital. :-o

Now if you are willing to leave behind the simple "yellow" beers you should try some of the Sam Adams products, Bass and New Castle. ;-D ;-D ;-D
The Eagles rule, the Viqueens drool.
E-A-G-L-E-S EAGLES, EAGLES, EAGLES
RiffRaff
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerPick 3 ChampionCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Big Old 0 for the Grill-0- Meter. Minnesota Weather Sucks

Postby beanoX3 » Wed Jul 16, 2008 10:27 pm

British beers are the best IMO. Bass, Guiness, and Newcastle are some easily found names. Belhaven is harder to find, but one of my favorites. Dark beers are the way to go, man. ;-D
The cake is a lie.
beanoX3
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Azrael » Wed Jul 16, 2008 10:57 pm

Branch out baby. You find there's all kinds of great stuff out there.

Franziskaner Heffe Weisse is one of my favorites. I've been drinking that alot this summer.

Sierra Nevada makes an really good pale ale.

Just about anything from Sam Adams is a good drink.

Samuel Smith Nut Brown Ale

Dogfishhead 120 IPA

Hoegaarden

The monks make good beer to Leffe, Chimay, Westmalle...still trying to find some Westmalle Tripel.

Although, alot of these are pricey.
Azrael
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 7)

Postby dream_017 » Wed Jul 16, 2008 11:17 pm

You could always check out the Battle of the Beer (BOTB) Tournament the Cafe had last year.

The winner was Guinness

The Final 4 were:
Bass, Killians, Guinness and Red Stripe

You may find some good suggestions there ;-D
dream_017
Cafe Google
Cafe Google

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 60)

Postby treat24 » Thu Jul 17, 2008 6:35 am

Polar Bear wrote:I have always been an import man myself. I have always loved the popular Canadian Beers such as Labatt Blue and Molson. I have been venturing out and trying some of the lesser known name brands. When I was in college it was whatever the cheapest was, which meant Busch.

I'm with a lot of guys here on beer taste. I'm not a huge red stripe guy, but I like those other 3 finalists. I love almost all beers. I've had a couple japanese and chinese beers that were great. We have a beer store nearby that is the size of a grocery store and all it has is beer. different kinds of beer from everywhere. a bud and I go there and try new beers all the time. Next time I go into that store I might populate a list of some of the oddballs that few have heard of that were just awesome.

My wife hates most beer but likes corona and corona light. She loved when they came out with a light. If you're favorite is corona, you might like Miller Chill. I like it in small doses and just on occassion, but my wife lives by the miller chill and coronas ... She almost never drinks beer... she likes it hard :-b but those are her two...
treat24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: I'm drinking 'til I forget the 1999 NFC Championship game.

Postby Polar Bear » Thu Jul 17, 2008 6:39 am

I'll admit, I have never had Guinness. I couldn't afford it in college and I don't know anyone that drinks it. I will definitely give it a shot.

I hate Red Stripe.

Rolling Rock is another beer that I just recently tried that I enjoy.
Polar Bear
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby mikus » Thu Jul 17, 2008 8:33 am

If you can find any of the Abita brews (Turbodog, Purple Haze, Amber are the top three), I would give those a shot. Abita is a Louisiana brew always highly-rated and regarded, and it is all I drink now.

You can find them all over the country, but depending on where you are it might be tough. I was able to find Turbodog in Salisbury, Maryland and various brews in Huntsville, Alabama. Los Angeles carries all of them. So if you look hard enough, you should be able to find it anywhere.
Thanks to madaslives911 for the sweet sig!
The Hazean: Fantasy football galore
mikus
General Manager
General Manager

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
Location: Same place as every other blogger: My Mom's basement. That is where bloggers work, right?

Postby RiffRaff » Thu Jul 17, 2008 9:09 am

All of you who claim you like Corona or know people who like Corona need to take the "Corona Smelling Challenge."

Take deep breaths of that stuff for 10 seconds and see if you still want to drink it. :-o There is a reason you need to jam a lime in it. :-°

However, for some reason Corona lite does not stink. :-?
The Eagles rule, the Viqueens drool.
E-A-G-L-E-S EAGLES, EAGLES, EAGLES
RiffRaff
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerPick 3 ChampionCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: Big Old 0 for the Grill-0- Meter. Minnesota Weather Sucks

Postby moonhead » Thu Jul 17, 2008 9:17 am

i'll take a dead guy ale. thank you.
moonhead