Beer Recommendations - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

Beer Recommendations

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Beer Recommendations

Postby Azrael » Tue Aug 04, 2009 10:54 pm

I want to try some 3Floyd's Dark Lord. Damn things are expensive though and only come out once a year.

Had some Fransiskaner Heffe-Weisse tonight, yummy.
Azrael
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 7)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby scottaa1 » Tue Aug 04, 2009 11:05 pm

RWLongy4 wrote:I'm in Ohio and all the hot'n Nows turned into Rallys (I think Hot n Nows are gone)... We have a Rally's up the street that I haven't had since high school but the 2 big bufords for 3 bucks sign always tempts me :-b I think they are called Checkers down south.

My buddy and I split a crave case from white castle one time drunk in college... The next morning I swear i had a slider hangover.

I went to the walk up window at a Rally's once... placed an order, looked inside at what they were doing and how they were handling the food, and I left and have never gone back.

hehe, me and my buddies have a saying, you're not REALLY hungover unless you hit up White Castle for breakfast :-P
Thanks Chaoyi Shih for the sig.
scottaa1
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 13)

Postby Dan Lambskin » Wed Aug 05, 2009 7:59 am

RWLongy4 wrote:
scottaa1 wrote:
Metroid wrote:I thought you were asking about the PBR Light, I've only seen it at Winco, Sessions is everywhere up here. And I do like Carls Jr as a late night snack...who doesn't? :-)

We have Rally's here in Indy. In oHio, it was Hot'n Now. And then there's always White Castle.

I'm in Ohio and all the hot'n Nows turned into Rallys (I think Hot n Nows are gone)... We have a Rally's up the street that I haven't had since high school but the 2 big bufords for 3 bucks sign always tempts me :-b I think they are called Checkers down south.

My buddy and I split a crave case from white castle one time drunk in college... The next morning I swear i had a slider hangover.

man i miss Hot N Now...i think all the ones in Michigan just closed. still have the White Castels though :-L i also need to make an attempt to get out to the Fatburger and the Five Guys Burgers And Fries, but they are a bit of a drive and i cant really justify driving 20 miles for fast food :-b i've had the Five Guys in Florida and it was delish...they are allegedly opening a Fatburger close to my house but i'm pretty sure it's an Al Qeada money laundering scam...i've seen about 5 different restaraunst "coming soon" and then nothing happens

oh and Met...i was just teasing you about all your crazy West Coast stores and beers :-b
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Jimboozie » Wed Aug 05, 2009 8:40 am

Yo Dan, u anywhere near the east side? There's a Hot n Now on Gratiot somewhere around 12-13 mile road. Their burgers are the bomb!
Jimboozie Beginner
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Dan Lambskin » Wed Aug 05, 2009 8:44 am

Jimboozie wrote:Yo Dan, u anywhere near the east side? There's a Hot n Now on Gratiot somewhere around 12-13 mile road. Their burgers are the bomb!

not really (Dearborn) but i may be playing poker out that way in late September, so i may have to look for it. sounds like that lone Hardees on Mound and 14 Mile (somewhere around there anyway)
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner

Postby Jimboozie » Wed Aug 05, 2009 8:55 am

Dan Lambskin wrote:
Jimboozie wrote:Yo Dan, u anywhere near the east side? There's a Hot n Now on Gratiot somewhere around 12-13 mile road. Their burgers are the bomb!

not really (Dearborn) but i may be playing poker out that way in late September, so i may have to look for it. sounds like that lone Hardees on Mound and 14 Mile (somewhere around there anyway)

15 and Mound is the Hardees, love the thickburgers. Must be a juicy high stakes game if you making the journey over, yeah?

Oh and I recommend good beer...um a belgium wheat.
Jimboozie Beginner
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Dan Lambskin » Wed Aug 05, 2009 9:12 am

Jimboozie wrote:
Dan Lambskin wrote:

15 and Mound is the Hardees, love the thickburgers. Must be a juicy high stakes game if you making the journey over, yeah?

i used to work out that way (mound and 18.5) so i got it once or twice, but am rarely out there anymore (once in awhile to GM Tech Center in Warren)...as for the poker its for a league i'm in and we take turns hosting. i did get a Hardees on the Ohio Turnpike though and it caused me to drop the biggest duece ever...i was worried about it clogging up our hotel room toilet...i think it ended up being a 3 flusher

oh yeah...beer...i bought an 8 pack of guiness the other day because they were offing a $20 rebate if i also bought $50 in groceries...so basically i got paid $7 to buy some Guiness ;-D
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby dream_017 » Wed Aug 05, 2009 9:50 am

Dan Lambskin wrote:
Jimboozie wrote:
Dan Lambskin wrote:

i used to work out that way (mound and 18.5) so i got it once or twice, but am rarely out there anymore (once in awhile to GM Tech Center in Warren)...as for the poker its for a league i'm in and we take turns hosting. i did get a Hardees on the Ohio Turnpike though and it caused me to drop the biggest duece ever...i was worried about it clogging up our hotel room toilet...i think it ended up being a 3 flusher

oh yeah...beer...i bought an 8 pack of guiness the other day because they were offing a $20 rebate if i also bought $50 in groceries...so basically i got paid $7 to buy some Guiness ;-D

Let me know and I can drop some off for you. There is a Hot N Now at I-94 and 23 Mile, right down the street from me. There is also the one at Gratiot and 12 mile.
I have to hit up that Hardees, haven't had one in forever
dream_017
Cafe Google
Cafe Google

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 58)

Postby Dan Lambskin » Wed Aug 05, 2009 10:10 am

dream_017 wrote:
Dan Lambskin wrote:
Jimboozie wrote:

Let me know and I can drop some off for you. There is a Hot N Now at I-94 and 23 Mile, right down the street from me. There is also the one at Gratiot and 12 mile.

thanks...but i want it Hot N Now...not after you drive an hour to drop it off to me :-b
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby RiffRaff » Wed Aug 05, 2009 10:18 am

Dan Lambskin wrote:
dream_017 wrote:
Dan Lambskin wrote:

thanks...but i want it Hot N Now...not after you drive an hour to drop it off to me :-b

Dang Lion's fans hijacking a perfectly good forum. ;-D
The Eagles rule, the Viqueens drool.
E-A-G-L-E-S EAGLES, EAGLES, EAGLES
RiffRaff
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerPick 3 ChampionCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: Big Old 0 for the Grill-0- Meter. Minnesota Weather Sucks

PreviousNext

Return to General Talk