Cafe Mocks: Upcoming: 3:30 PM EST Today (link:pg 25) - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Cafe Mocks: Upcoming: 3:30 PM EST Today (link:pg 25)

Moderator: Football Moderators

Cafe Mocks: Upcoming: 3:30 PM EST Today (link:pg 25)

Postby biju » Thu Jul 17, 2008 1:36 pm

I changed the title so I can put the closest mock draft in the title. Latest mock information:

Mock Draft Results Archive
http://www.mockdraftcentral.com/draft.jsp?id=76461&view=all (July 28th, PPR, no flex)

----

Mock draft #3

Here are the specifics for this mock:

Date/Time: Monday, August 4th @ 9pm EST (6pm PST)
Format: 12 Team PPR, standard scoring; 15 rounds, 1 minute per pick
Rosters: 1 QB, 2 RB, 2 WR, 1 TE, 1 Flex, 1 K, 1 D, 6 bench players
URL: http://www.mockdraftcentral.com/draft.jsp?id=77928
Password: cafe3

;-D

----

A few months ago we started doing private mock drafts over at mockdraftcentral.com with an account treat bought and I was hoping to start them up again.

I would like to do a mock draft every couple of days depending on the demand of Cafe members. If we have a lot of people who wish to participate we might do one every other day or so. If we have fewer it could be just once a week.

There are only two things I ask from those of you who sign up:

1. If you sign up for the draft, be there when it starts and have enough time to finish it. I don't think the drafts take more than about 40 minutes to complete (12 teams, 15 rounds, 1 minute timer actually equals 180 minutes, but many of the picks are within about 15 seconds) but please have at least one hour of time available. If the computer is picking for a team it really doesn't give as good results and the rest of the draft is thrown off.

2. Draft as you would if this were a money league. Respect the scoring and lineup rules. I don't want to see people signing up who are practicing for a 20 round league and don't end up taking a defense or a kicker because they wouldn't need to in their draft. The draft doesn't reflect well for anyone because you're still getting draft picks where you shouldn't be. Also, we should really have different drafts for PPR and non-PPR leagues so people aren't confused about which we're drafting for.

Other than that, let's have fun with this and keep it a good learning experience for everyone!

Now, let's see who's available. ;-D

If we have enough interest I can do one later today, or we can possibly set one up for this upcoming Saturday as well.

Let me know the following and we can match it up:

Time Available: morning, afternoon, evening and days if necessary
Draft type: (PPR, non-PPR)
Number of Teams: (if you don't specify the default will be a 12 team draft. We'll do other sized drafts if we get enough who wish to do a 8, 10, 14, etc. team draft)

The people who respond will get a PM when a draft is created, but we'll also post here if it doesn't immediately fill up and I'll PM with the information. We'll also post the results within this thread so people who don't or can't participate can still watch the trends.

Let me know if you have questions.

-M
Last edited by biju on Mon Aug 04, 2008 11:01 am, edited 7 times in total.
biju
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 Survivor
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Who wants to join some Cafe mock drafts?

Postby eagles21 » Thu Jul 17, 2008 1:43 pm

Sweet, I'm interested. I'd probably be more available during the day then at night, and if we ended up doing one today, I'd be home this evening after 6 EST. Doesn't matter at all to me how many teams are in it and if it's PPR or not. Whatever you guys want to do. ;-D
eagles21
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby MrTwo94 » Thu Jul 17, 2008 1:53 pm

I'm down for evenings. I'm in ppr and non-ppr leagues, so I'm good w/whatever. Most of my leagues are 12 with just one being a 10 but I'm down to help out w/a 14 team mock. Anyone in an 8 team league probably doesn't even look at mock drafts.
MrTwo94
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby LS2throwed » Thu Jul 17, 2008 2:59 pm

Count me in as interested...If it will be between now and Monday I'm free whenever as long as I know ahead of time to prepare for it...PPR draft, 12 teams sounds fine but I'm willing to adjust to anything.

Also do you want us picking as if we are playing with these teams, or drafting guys we think should be coming off the board.
Current Cafe Dynasties:
4th and Goal
Fourth & Inches
Double D
Any Given Dynasty
Eat Cheese Dynasty
NFL's Finest
Cafe Very Special Forces
LS2throwed
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby biju » Thu Jul 17, 2008 3:33 pm

LS2throwed wrote:Count me in as interested...If it will be between now and Monday I'm free whenever as long as I know ahead of time to prepare for it...PPR draft, 12 teams sounds fine but I'm willing to adjust to anything.

Also do you want us picking as if we are playing with these teams, or drafting guys we think should be coming off the board.

Draft a team as if you were going to play with them. That will give the most honest results instead of just using some sites ADP to produce the same results.
biju
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby 011472 » Thu Jul 17, 2008 5:18 pm

Count me in. I did a draft there earlier today. I like the site- fast and user-friendly. I'm available early afternoons (Eastern time) most weekdays.
Head Coach
Head Coach

Matchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby TheRawDAWG » Thu Jul 17, 2008 6:48 pm

I'm in for just about anything. Prefer non-PPR but I'll be game for the PPR as well. Any size and format otherwise works as well.

Are we going to be able to do any with IDPs? I'd be interested in that as well.

Best time is before 1pm EST and After 9pm EST on Weekdays. Please give some advanced notice though.

THANKS!!
So they weren't the best...and may have ended the worst. SO WHAT!
TheRawDAWG
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby biju » Thu Jul 17, 2008 7:44 pm

TheRawDAWG wrote:I'm in for just about anything. Prefer non-PPR but I'll be game for the PPR as well. Any size and format otherwise works as well.

Are we going to be able to do any with IDPs? I'd be interested in that as well.

Best time is before 1pm EST and After 9pm EST on Weekdays. Please give some advanced notice though.

THANKS!!

If there is enough interest in an IDP mock I don't see why we wouldn't do one, although I think it's going to be tough to get enough interest until we get closer to the season.

I plan on giving at least one day's notice when we do a mock too. Look for an invite for one soon... ;-D
biju
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby doublej73 » Thu Jul 17, 2008 9:14 pm

I'm in! I've done few mocks so far this year on a different site but a cafe mock would be good practice. Saturday or Sunday afternoon would work for me.
doublej73
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby moochman » Thu Jul 17, 2008 11:19 pm

Don't know how many drafts I would be able to participate in, but I love the idea. MDC is a real good site for mocking. Send me some invites and I'll try to make ones that I can draft compentently and completely.
IDP I have never played, though I wouldn't be adverse to mocking. I just wouldn't want to bring the draft down with my inexperience.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Next

Return to Football Talk