Westbrook to hold out??? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Westbrook to hold out???

Moderator: Football Moderators

Westbrook to hold out???

Postby stomperrob » Fri Jul 18, 2008 12:12 pm

So far it sounds like he's leaning against it...

Westbrook thinks about holding out of training camp
Running back reportedly unhappy with contract
By GEOFF MOSHER • The News Journal • July 18, 2008

Brian Westbrook, the Eagles' All-Pro running back, recently suggested that he might hold out from training camp in a display of discontent over his contract.

Toward that end, Westbrook has fired his agent, Fletcher Smith, and is leaning toward hiring Lamont Smith of All Pro Sports & Entertainment Inc., according to published reports citing an anonymous source.

Attempts to reach Fletcher Smith were unsuccessful Thursday.

The report also quoted Westbrook as saying he probably wouldn't hold out from training camp, but hadn't made up his mind.

Camp opens Monday at Lehigh University in Bethlehem, Pa., when rookies and selected veterans are scheduled to report by 5 p.m. The rest of the team is scheduled to report by Thursday evening.

con't...

rest of article: http://www.delawareonline.com/apps/pbcs ... 80364/1022
Fantasy Football: "Luck is where preparation meets opportunity"
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 138)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Westbrook to hold out???

Postby eagles21 » Fri Jul 18, 2008 12:22 pm

Pay him please. I think he deserves it. ;-)
eagles21
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby Polar Bear » Fri Jul 18, 2008 12:24 pm

Eagles fans are on their knees praying that Drew Rosenhaus' name doesn't surface as a potential Westbrook agent.
Polar Bear
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby eagles21 » Fri Jul 18, 2008 12:25 pm

Polar Bear wrote:Eagles fans are on their knees praying that Drew Rosenhaus' name doesn't surface as a potential Westbrook agent.

Haha... no doubt. Lito just fired his agent and hired Rosenhaus. I don't think I could take it if Westy did this also.
eagles21
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby treat24 » Fri Jul 18, 2008 12:28 pm

eagles21 wrote:
Polar Bear wrote:Eagles fans are on their knees praying that Drew Rosenhaus' name doesn't surface as a potential Westbrook agent.

Haha... no doubt. Lito just fired his agent and hired Rosenhaus. I don't think I could take it if Westy did this also.

they were just joking on ESPN about westy hiring drew earlier this morning. Or was it ESPN2 ... I don't remember... I was listening, not watching...
treat24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: I'm drinking 'til I forget the 1999 NFC Championship game.

Postby m16a » Fri Jul 18, 2008 4:19 pm

eagles21 wrote:Pay him please. I think he deserves it. ;-)

Yeah seriously. He does deserve it. Give him a good long term deal and be done! ;-D ;-D
Props to Deluxe for the sig
There is nothing more frightening than ignorance in action.
- Goethe
m16a

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 37)

Postby onnestabe » Fri Jul 18, 2008 4:28 pm

It might be better for him to miss some of camp from a fantasy perspective. I know he's been pretty healthy the last couple of years, but anything that limits the wear and tear on his body has to be a good thing for fantasy owners. Even if he holds out of TC, I can't imagine him missing any games. I don't think this affects his fantasy stock too much.
onnestabe
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe RankerEagle Eye

Postby eaglesrule » Sat Jul 19, 2008 8:15 am

his contract situation is just weird. He deserves it, but at the same time, investing in older players isn't the Eagles m.o. as it is. But then there was the accounting error last year, where from westbrook's perspective (not saying he would be right though) he didn't get paid., because he was repaying the overpayment. They had the situation earlier in 2005, where they were compelled to draft Moats as insurance. So I honestly don't know what I would do. But him and lito sitting out TC? Honestly, I don't care anymore. Considering how brittle they both are (well westbrook shedding that), maybe it will help.
The opening scene of the movie "Saving Private Ryan" is loosely based on games of dodgeball Brian Dawkins played in second grade.
eaglesrule
General Manager
General Manager

Postby moochman » Sat Jul 19, 2008 9:57 am

I hope any hold-out would be one of those three weeks of camp, sign, play ex-game three and be fresh for the start of the season. I hate to think of what would become of the Iggles O if Westy weren't there. Cripple the run and pass game, it would.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Postby Cowboys 4 life » Sat Jul 19, 2008 11:10 am

He deserves it for sure. Not enough money to go around for the proven vets when the unproven rookies get such rediculous amounts.
Cowboys 4 life

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 79)
Location: Somewhere between Silicon Valley and a bunch of Fruits

Next

Return to Football Talk