Westbrook to hold out??? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Westbrook to hold out???

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Westbrook to hold out???

Postby My team is injured » Sat Jul 19, 2008 1:48 pm

Well, for the Eagles, it aint a case of unproven rookies getting more than their share of the money as the Birds haven't made a 1st round pick in 2 years. Not to mention that they haven't drafted top 10 in who knows how long.

I think the Eagles will end up restructuring/extending Westbrook, say giving him an extra year while boosting his money, particularly the guaranteed amount, a bit. Either way, I don't see this having any effect whatsoever on Westbrook's value this year, and I'd also be surprised if he holds out, especially for any substantial length of time.
All of my analysis is based on PPR
My team is injured
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Cafe Blackjack ChampionMatchup Meltdown Survivor
Home Cafe: Football

Postby stomperrob » Fri Jul 25, 2008 2:37 pm

Posted on Fri, Jul. 25, 2008
Eagles - Westbrook rolls into Eagles camp on time
By LES BOWEN
Philadelphia Daily News
bowenl@phillynews.com

BETHLEHEM - Six years ago, Brian Westbrook chugged up to the hilltop Lehigh dorms driving his mom's 1993 Buick LeSabre. It was red, more or less. The third-round rookie from Villanova told reporters he was relieved to have made it there from Maryland, in a car that had clocked 300,000 miles. An ill-timed accident in the Lexus that Westbrook had bought with some of his signing bonus meant borrowing his mom's ride to make it to training camp on time.

Westbrook pulled into the same crescent drive in front of those same dorms just before 6 p.m. yesterday, the faultless black finish of his immaculate BMW 750li gleaming the way the finer things tend to gleam. Westbrook didn't seem to mind as reporters banged against the car's trunk, jostling for position with cameras and microphones as the most important unhappy Eagle discussed his quest for a better contract, and his agent switch.

Westbrook said that for a while there, "there definitely was" a possibility he would not report to camp, but he showed up to give new agent Todd France a chance to get a deal done. Westbrook didn't seem to be thinking in terms of a gradual process; he said France spoke with Eagles vice president Howie Roseman twice yesterday. France, whose representation of Westbrook became official yesterday, did not return a phone call seeking comment. Though Eagles sources had no comment yesterday, they have emphasized all week that the team is eager to reach agreement with Westbrook and put this potential distraction to rest.

con't...

rest of article: http://www.philly.com/dailynews/sports/ ... _time.html
Fantasy Football: "Luck is where preparation meets opportunity"
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 168)

Postby eagles21 » Thu Aug 07, 2008 2:49 pm

http://www.profootballtalk.com/2008/08/ ... deal-done/
WESTBROOK DEAL DONE?
Posted by Mike Florio on August 7, 2008, 2:59 p.m. UTC

We’re hearing rumblings out of Philly that the team has struck a deal with running back Brian Westbrook. Specifically, we’re told that Westbrook is telling others that an agreement has been reached.

con't..

Yay! Hopefully this is correct. ;-D
eagles21
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby thriftyrocker » Fri Aug 08, 2008 7:14 pm

thriftyrocker

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 2)

Previous

Return to Football Talk