Tatum Bell - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Tatum Bell

Moderator: Football Moderators

Tatum Bell

Postby steelerfan04 » Fri Jul 18, 2008 1:53 pm

What role does everyone think he will play this year in the Lions running game. I'm notthat high on Kevin Smith and think he will struggle out of the gate, in which case Bell would be next in line to get carries. The last time Bell ran behind a zone-blocking scheme in 2006 with the Broncos, he had 1025 yards with 4.4 ypc, and Detroit is switching to a zone-blocking scheme this year. If he gets the starting job, he could put up some nice numbers, but I know that's a big if. What are the chances he gets a majority of the carries this year?
steelerfan04
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe Writer
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Tatum Bell

Postby knapplc » Fri Jul 18, 2008 3:11 pm

Personally, I would stay away from any part of the Detroit offense that's not named Roy Williams or Calvin Johnson. The running game looks like a Shanahan-esque RBBC, where Smith gets the rock for the first few games, then Bell, then maybe Calhoun, then the equipment manager and back to Smith again. Plus you're counting on that Detroit D to keep the Lions in the game so that they can effectively use their running game... and that's probably not a good thing to count on.

Detroit looks to be a pass-first, pass often team this year. Steer clear of their RBs.
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby dream_017 » Fri Jul 18, 2008 9:39 pm

knapplc wrote:Detroit looks to be a pass-first, pass often team this year. Steer clear of their RBs.

Technically it's Pass-Run-Pass-Punt :-o :~(
dream_017
Cafe Google
Cafe Google

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 59)

Postby knapplc » Sat Jul 19, 2008 10:03 am

dream_017 wrote:
knapplc wrote:Detroit looks to be a pass-first, pass often team this year. Steer clear of their RBs.

I've gotta tell you, even as a Bears fan and therefore a "Lions Hater," I feel for the fans of Detroit. That's one messed up front office they've got there. Detroit fans deserve better.
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby moochman » Sat Jul 19, 2008 10:07 am

dream_017 wrote:

By design it is sack-run-INT :~(

I do think they will commit heavily to the run and K Smith will get a real shot at starting. T Bell is not a terrible flier to take as Smith has not proven that he can do the job......though there are many who would say that Bell isn't proven either.
Avoid if you can.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Postby Cowboys 4 life » Sat Jul 19, 2008 10:26 am

Bell says he can put up 1300 and 15 td's. I say watch Waynes World for the answer. NOOOOTTTT!

I think they split the carries this year. Bell knows the zone blocking scheme so he could be worth a late rd flyer but I wouldn't draft him as someone you plan on starting.
Cowboys 4 life

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 79)
Location: Somewhere between Silicon Valley and a bunch of Fruits

Postby Dan Lambskin » Tue Jul 22, 2008 2:35 pm

moochman wrote:
dream_017 wrote:

By design it is sack-run-INT :~(

I do think they will commit heavily to the run and K Smith will get a real shot at starting. T Bell is not a terrible flier to take as Smith has not proven that he can do the job......though there are many who would say that Bell isn't proven either.
Avoid if you can.

i like
1st and 10 - Rush up the middle for 1 yd
2nd and 9 - toss sweep for 2 yd loss
3rd and 11 - incomplete pass (target is only 7 yards past the line of scrimmage)
4th and 11 - Punt - (go get some more chili, nachos, beef jerky, etc) come back to see that opposing team ran back the punt
Dan Lambskin
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

EditorFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly WinnerTrivia Time Trial Monthly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Daddymike59 » Tue Jul 22, 2008 6:51 pm

Great Shi* you guys! LMAO Lions fans have the greatest sense of humor. ;-D ;-D ;-D

Props to Leber for the nice artwork!
Daddymike59
General Manager
General Manager

Fantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter

Postby LT Blue Colt » Tue Jul 22, 2008 9:05 pm

Daddymike59 wrote:Great Shi* you guys! LMAO Lions fans have the greatest sense of humor. ;-D ;-D ;-D

OK, sorry 'bout this, but I've gotta go for the low blow here, and say the only reason we can keep a good sense of humor and still be Lions fans is because we get plenty of good stuff from the Wolverines. :-b :-D ;-)
Metroid wrote: I eat Old Spice. :-B

I'm a Lions fan. I'm chuck full of freakin' hope.
LT Blue Colt
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby moochman » Wed Jul 23, 2008 2:07 am

LT Blue Colt wrote:
Daddymike59 wrote:Great Shi* you guys! LMAO Lions fans have the greatest sense of humor. ;-D ;-D ;-D

OK, sorry 'bout this, but I've gotta go for the low blow here, and say the only reason we can keep a good sense of humor and still be Lions fans is because we get plenty of good stuff from the Wolverines. :-b :-D ;-)

Or, we have to have a good sense of humor becuase our professional football team isn't as good as yours is.
We would only win 7-8 games a season in the Big Ten.

Only two more days before camp opens. Two more days before hope starts to hemorrhage.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Next

Return to Football Talk