Killer_B wrote:Hi, I just started my first season of fantasy football. I drafted my players and came away with a pretty solid team I think. But I don't know all the rules and tips how to play it. So here they are:
- Can I change my lineup during the game (between periods maybe)?
- When should I use WW?
- How do you play playoffs? Do all the loosing team players fall to the free agent pool where you pick them up? I guess I have to remove all the players who didn't reach the playoffs.
- Is there any great tactic through the season I should be aware of?
- Does anyone plays fantasy football on nfl.com? If you do...what happens if you win your league. I saw some rewards but I don't know who gets them. Is there overall top score list from all nfl.com leagues?
Thank you guys for your help.
Welcome to the Cafe!
- In most leagues Sweathog is correct. The lineups lock 5 minutes before gametime or right at gametime of the 1st game (s) of the week...and you can't change them at all. However, some leagues allow you to change your lineup up until the start of each game...as long as the players in question haven't started their games yet. In other words, you need to ask your commish what the rules are in your specific league.
- The WW should be looked at and used as much as possible throughout the season to try and improve your team. You go there when injuries happen or just when one of your guys isn't playing well. The WW can sometimes make or break your season. I look at the WW every week in all of my leagues.
- Stomper covered the fantasy playoffs question.
- Stomper covered the tactics question.
- Played on nfl.com a few years ago and at that time they didn't have any sort of prize or reward. There shouldn't be an overall top score for all leagues. All leagues aren't the same. Scoring systems are different, starting requirements are different, etc.
I hope that helps and good luck!