Effects of NFL Rule Changes - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Effects of NFL Rule Changes

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Effects of NFL Rule Changes

Postby Cowboys 4 life » Sun Jul 20, 2008 4:31 pm

moochman wrote:I wonder if the rule change will have Safties and CBs nailing WRs that dare to run sideline routes so hard that they stop running them. Could then clog the middle of the field. I do think the one result we will see is more injuries to WRs. I really think the leauge blew this call. I don't know about most of you, but I love to see a WR stretch out to make a leaping grab and drag his toes to stay inbounds. Why bother if you know the D can just push you out and it doesn't matter. And at what point will the ref have to determine that the CB didn't knock the WR out as much as hit and carried him out?

I agree. I don't like the rule because it encourages exactly what you are saying. Wrap a guy while he is jumping and carry him out of bounds. I guarantee there will be a number of plays where the announcers go on and on about this.
Cowboys 4 life

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 78)
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Somewhere between Silicon Valley and a bunch of Fruits

Re: Effects of NFL Rule Changes

Postby JasonSeahorn » Sun Jul 20, 2008 8:22 pm

The Force Out rule will make an impact on the tall wides IMO. Guys like Burress, Moss and Fitzgerald get a few TDs every year when their QB lobs up a pass in the corner of the endzone that only they can catch. If they are getting pushed out and no longer getting that TD, it will affect some fantasy teams. In the overall scheme it might only be 1 or 2 TDs, but if it comes during your playoffs then you'll definitely gripe about it.

Thanks to deluxe_247 for sig, he is welcome to sail with the Captain too!

I will win all of the fantasy cafe games.....next year
JasonSeahorn
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Previous

Return to Football Talk