24 Hour Clock - Draft Room? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Commissioner's Corner

24 Hour Clock - Draft Room?

Moderator: Football Moderators

24 Hour Clock - Draft Room?

Postby aaawall91 » Sun Jul 20, 2008 8:46 pm

I am looking for a website that allows you to set your "live draft" clock per pick to 24 hours.

MFL has one, but it's paid. Does anyone know of any free ones?

Fleaflicker? No.

Yahoo Free? Not that I could find.
aaawall91
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 62)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: 24 Hour Clock - Draft Room?

Postby WaCougMBS » Mon Jul 21, 2008 12:10 pm

As far as I know, there isn't a free site (or a pay one that I personally know of) that will allow you to do this. Have you talked to your league mates about having a draft room around here and then policing the time limits by yourself? You can PM/e-mail/call people when its their turn and then people can pick in peace - then when/if you get low on time, you can finish the later rounds up in one sitting ;-D
Av/sig by deluxe_247
WaCougMBS

Radio PimpEditorModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby aaawall91 » Mon Jul 21, 2008 5:52 pm

WaCougMBS wrote:As far as I know, there isn't a free site (or a pay one that I personally know of) that will allow you to do this. Have you talked to your league mates about having a draft room around here and then policing the time limits by yourself? You can PM/e-mail/call people when its their turn and then people can pick in peace - then when/if you get low on time, you can finish the later rounds up in one sitting ;-D

I know, I've done my fair share of these (doing 3 slow drafts right now) but one of the leagues I'm in did what I described above on MFL last year and I thought it was the most efficient draft as there are many benefits.

- You can auto-pick the second it is your turn and don't have to expose any picks on your board to other owners, and it's instant
- The site keeps track of your picks
- saves you from having to import rosters by hand (mouse...)
- Easier for owners to together at one time and knock some rounds rather than refreshing for days.
aaawall91
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 62)

Postby bungle613 » Tue Jul 22, 2008 9:39 am

aaawall91 wrote:
WaCougMBS wrote:As far as I know, there isn't a free site (or a pay one that I personally know of) that will allow you to do this. Have you talked to your league mates about having a draft room around here and then policing the time limits by yourself? You can PM/e-mail/call people when its their turn and then people can pick in peace - then when/if you get low on time, you can finish the later rounds up in one sitting ;-D

I know, I've done my fair share of these (doing 3 slow drafts right now) but one of the leagues I'm in did what I described above on MFL last year and I thought it was the most efficient draft as there are many benefits.

- You can auto-pick the second it is your turn and don't have to expose any picks on your board to other owners, and it's instant
- The site keeps track of your picks
- saves you from having to import rosters by hand (mouse...)
- Easier for owners to together at one time and knock some rounds rather than refreshing for days.

Yeah...MFL was a good thing last year in that regards. I have never seen it on any free site.

I assume RTS does not have this. I know it is a pay site but if it is affordable, which MFL isn't really unless you do the whole group pitch in then it would be something to consider.
bungle613
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby tpflanz » Tue Jul 29, 2008 2:02 pm

http://fantasy.easports.com has a slow draft option.
tpflanz
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Return to Commissioner's Corner