You Know You Are Old When... - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

You Know You Are Old When...

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: You Know You Are Old When...

Postby Mookie4ever » Mon Jul 21, 2008 1:16 pm

Metroid wrote:Bah...kudos to Wayne for not shoving his crappy sport down his kids throat. :-D

I will admit that hockey may not be the best spectator sport but there is not sport more fun to play than hockey. I've played them all and hockey is far and away the most fun. I play twice a week and would play more if I could get away with it.

"I think that gay marriage should be something between a man and a woman" Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

ModeratorFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeBaseball ModHockey ModBasketball ModPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby Metroid » Mon Jul 21, 2008 1:18 pm

Mookie4ever wrote:
Metroid wrote:Bah...kudos to Wayne for not shoving his crappy sport down his kids throat. :-D

I will admit that hockey may not be the best spectator sport but there is not sport more fun to play than hockey. I've played them all and hockey is far and away the most fun. I play twice a week and would play more if I could get away with it.

I'm mostly just being a goof, I actually played just a little as a tyke and remember it being fun. I do enjoy going games, hockey is a blast live....that might be because of the beer and the fights though. :-? :-b
Metroid

ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye
Home Cafe: Football

Postby joelamosobadiah » Mon Jul 21, 2008 1:25 pm

Metroid wrote:
Mookie4ever wrote:

I'm mostly just being a goof, I actually played just a little as a tyke and remember it being fun. I do enjoy going games, hockey is a blast live....that might be because of the beer and the fights though. :-? :-b

Must be because I think its just mediocre, but I don't drink beer and the small local hockey team doesn't fight much. :-b
joelamosobadiah
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Metroid » Mon Jul 21, 2008 5:07 pm

joelamosobadiah wrote:Must be because I think its just mediocre, but I don't drink beer and the small local hockey team doesn't fight much. :-b

I haven't been to see the team here yet but the at the games in Eugene those guys would go at it all the time. !+)
Metroid

Postby Canucks_Fantasy » Mon Jul 21, 2008 5:18 pm

Metroid wrote:
Mookie4ever wrote:

You should check out the NLL.

Cheaper beer and more fights. The tickets are CHEAP too...

It's unlike any other sport, that's for sure.
Canucks_Fantasy
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby Metroid » Mon Jul 21, 2008 5:22 pm

Canucks_Fantasy wrote:You should check out the NLL.

Cheaper beer and more fights. The tickets are CHEAP too...

It's unlike any other sport, that's for sure.

Whats NLL? No Limits League? :-b

I don't think I've heard of anything like that near me. :-?
Metroid

Postby Canucks_Fantasy » Mon Jul 21, 2008 5:24 pm

National Lacrosse League.

The closest team to you would be the Portland LumberJax.

http://www.nll.com/
Canucks_Fantasy
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby The Artful Dodger » Mon Jul 21, 2008 5:34 pm

Mookie4ever wrote:

I actually played ice hockey as a teenager for a couple of years (yes, they play hockey in SoCal too) and it is fun. Thing was, back then, it was really nothing more than a fad because of Gretzky and even when the Ducks won the Stanley Cup, it got a rise out of most sports fans here but nothing really other than that. In fact, soccer is more popular than hockey here, for some odd reason.... :-b

As for the article, it's absurd the kind of recruiting power the new parochial private schools have these days. There's a Catholic school down in Orange County called Rancho Santa Margarita HS and it opened about over a decade ago. Beautiful campus, just like a university campus, with all of the best facilities around, which is no surprise they've had some clout in developing a very good all-around athletic program that's known on a state-wide level, nationwide even. I reckon Oaks Christian is like that as they're a relatively new school (2000) and having the sons of Montana, Gretzky, and Will Smith on board just goes to show what kind of pull they have. The tuition is really costly, just under $22k a year.
The Artful Dodger
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Matchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby beanoX3 » Mon Jul 21, 2008 6:33 pm

Canucks_Fantasy wrote:National Lacrosse League.

The closest team to you would be the Portland LumberJax.

http://www.nll.com/

They put a team in my hometown last year. The Chicago Shamrox (yes, they spell it that way :-° ) but they play in Hoffman Estates, which is like 40 miles away from Chicago. They share the stadium with some pro indoor soccer league and some new indoor football league.
The cake is a lie.
beanoX3
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby Canucks_Fantasy » Mon Jul 21, 2008 6:37 pm

Have you gone to see a game?
Canucks_Fantasy
Head Coach
Head Coach