Hank III - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Contests and Showing Off

Hank III

Moderators: deluxe_247, Football Moderators

Hank III

Postby Metroid » Mon Jul 21, 2008 9:18 am

I tried to keep this one simple, for the most part it's just the render of Hank III, the close up of the guitar, and a texture stock...I'm really digging on this one but feel free to hook up a brother with some C/C. ;-D

Metroid

ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Hank III

Postby joelamosobadiah » Mon Jul 21, 2008 9:52 am

Pretty sweet man. Great basic sig. There is definitely a skill to knowing when you stop and call it good. ;-D

Love that bleeding Cowboys font too. I use it every now and then for some gungy swirls too.

EDIT: When you are doing a font and you have multiple instances of the same character (in your case, the three III's, sometimes you can try using a different character for one of them or all three of them (for example, maybe a 1, a lower case i, a | in some fonts, etc.). Sometimes it will break up the monotony and look pretty cool. I didn't try this with this font in particular, but just a thought. You can sometimes just erase certain portion of it to accomplish the same effect too.
joelamosobadiah
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Metroid » Mon Jul 21, 2008 10:12 am

Good call with the font regarding the III, I actually meant to mess with it a little because I thought it looked to much like it came off a type writer but I forgot. Thanks for mentioning it....now it's glaring at me and must be fixed! And thanks for the tips. ;-D

BTW I have another sig almost done. :-B
Metroid

Postby eagles21 » Mon Jul 21, 2008 10:15 am

Nice. ;-D

With this type of sig, I really like the coloring. Also, since there isn't much going on (which is good), the quality is awesome under 12 kb. Good job.
eagles21
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby joelamosobadiah » Mon Jul 21, 2008 10:36 am

Dang Met, do you do anything besides photoshop anymore? :-b

Nahh, I was that way for a while too. I will have my spurts still, but not like I used to. :-b

You are improving tons though.
joelamosobadiah
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Metroid » Mon Jul 21, 2008 11:08 am

joelamosobadiah wrote:Dang Met, do you do anything besides photoshop anymore? :-b

Nahh, I was that way for a while too. I will have my spurts still, but not like I used to. :-b

You are improving tons though.

LOL! Yeah I'm pretty into it right now. :-b And thanks again man! ;-D

So I messed with the font a little, mainly the III but also the two 'i's in Williams, they looked too similar also. The sig I'm wearing now is with the changes, you can see the difference if you look at the first post in this thread. B-)
Metroid

Postby joelamosobadiah » Mon Jul 21, 2008 11:31 am

Yeah, I see the small bit of change. You might try putting the three I's on seperate layers and then you could slightly change the angle and size of them if you wanted. It looks good as is though. It's not like its bad without changing it or anything.
joelamosobadiah
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Postby Metroid » Mon Jul 21, 2008 11:44 am

joelamosobadiah wrote:Yeah, I see the small bit of change. You might try putting the three I's on seperate layers and then you could slightly change the angle and size of them if you wanted. It looks good as is though. It's not like its bad without changing it or anything.

Using the I's in seperate layers....I hadn't thought of that. I keep that in mind next time, I think I'm done with this one for now. :-°

I'm gonna try and tackle a red color scheme next, wish me luck. :-o :-b
Metroid

Return to Contests and Showing Off