Anthony Gonzalez vs. Reggie Wayne vs. Marvin Harrison - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Anthony Gonzalez vs. Reggie Wayne vs. Marvin Harrison

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Anthony Gonzalez vs. Reggie Wayne vs. Marvin Harrison

Postby bungle613 » Wed Jul 23, 2008 12:28 am

I don't know how to quote just a portion of a post. Never works for me.

BUT... I will try

Now take a look at Gonzo who took 51 targets and turned it into 576 yards and tell me he will not be a big factor this season. That is unparalleled production in the NFL. No one did more on an opportunity normalized basis who got more than 50 looks last season.

28. Reggie Williams JAC 15 6 60 38 629 10 122.9 8.2

Williams smoked Gonzo last year. 60 targets, 629 yards and 10 tds.
bungle613
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby skibrett15 » Wed Jul 23, 2008 12:45 am

bungle613 wrote:I don't know how to quote just a portion of a post. Never works for me.

BUT... I will try

Now take a look at Gonzo who took 51 targets and turned it into 576 yards and tell me he will not be a big factor this season. That is unparalleled production in the NFL. No one did more on an opportunity normalized basis who got more than 50 looks last season.

yep. And how many years has reggie williams disappointed before showing up? 10 TDs is as much luck as skill, and Gonzo is still averaging more yards per target but that's really besides the point, if you think williams' 10 tds indicate he's due for a breakout year go ahead and draft him in the 8th... the issue is that Gonzo did a lot with what he got last year as a rookie and he is gonna see more involvement this year. The other issue is that 1200/10 is not worthy of no. 3 overall for WRs, which is where wayne is going quite consistently.

As for Manning being the MVP... why not. 4500 yards has been done before by him, and he's had 4000+ 8/10 years in his career. The colts' offense is limited only by their offensive line and the teams they face.

The reason you don't want to quote a portion of a post is because it takes it out of context, the context being that I'm not interested in who did what with what opportunity, I'm interested in who is gonna do better this year. And better looks like Gonzalez, whereas reggie williams just probably peaked as a person and as an NFL player last season.
ADMIN edit: please note that the overall sig limit is 12k - thanks!
(Thanks Leber)
AIM is like multiplayer notepad
skibrett15
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye

Postby bungle613 » Wed Jul 23, 2008 7:58 am

skibrett15 wrote:
bungle613 wrote:I don't know how to quote just a portion of a post. Never works for me.

BUT... I will try

yep. And how many years has reggie williams disappointed before showing up? 10 TDs is as much luck as skill, and Gonzo is still averaging more yards per target but that's really besides the point, if you think williams' 10 tds indicate he's due for a breakout year go ahead and draft him in the 8th... the issue is that Gonzo did a lot with what he got last year as a rookie and he is gonna see more involvement this year. The other issue is that 1200/10 is not worthy of no. 3 overall for WRs, which is where wayne is going quite consistently.

As for Manning being the MVP... why not. 4500 yards has been done before by him, and he's had 4000+ 8/10 years in his career. The colts' offense is limited only by their offensive line and the teams they face.

The reason you don't want to quote a portion of a post is because it takes it out of context, the context being that I'm not interested in who did what with what opportunity, I'm interested in who is gonna do better this year. And better looks like Gonzalez, whereas reggie williams just probably peaked as a person and as an NFL player last season.

Well, actually there is no "reason" I don't want to quote you. It is usually, as I stated, becasue the quote function doesn't work for me. BUt if you want to bring in some negativity to the topic.

The reason I replied to this was some very bad statements on your part. One of which is the quote above that IS NOT taken out of context as you seperated the entire point.

Now take a look at Gonzo who took 51 targets and turned it into 576 yards and tell me he will not be a big factor this season. That is unparalleled production in the NFL. No one did more on an opportunity normalized basis who got more than 50 looks last season

An untrue statement.

NOw, to bring it back to a polite conversation. My posts have always maintained that Wayne will be #1, I actually believe Gonzo will be #2 this year and agree with you somewhat that Gonzo is a better value pick in terms of what he is likely to produce then Wayne is. I also believe GOnzo cound be an incredible pick 7th or later in keepers or dynasties. HIs ADP is creeping up though and IF, A BIG IF, Marvin is healthy, GOnzo will be a poor pick even inthe 7th without Manning having an incredible year.

I just have issues with some of the things you are stating and the way your are stating them.
bungle613
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Previous

Return to Football Talk