Chrysler Sebring - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

Chrysler Sebring

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Chrysler Sebring

Postby RiffRaff » Wed Jul 23, 2008 9:41 am

moonhead wrote:i drive a dodge stratus!!!!

Will Ferrel does. :-D
The Eagles rule, the Viqueens drool.
E-A-G-L-E-S EAGLES, EAGLES, EAGLES
RiffRaff
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe RankerPick 3 ChampionCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football
Location: Big Old 0 for the Grill-0- Meter. Minnesota Weather Sucks

Postby Cowboys 4 life » Wed Jul 23, 2008 9:44 am

I had a 99 Plymouth Breeze that I traded in at 140k. The only problems it had were the oil pan cracked and the tranny went out right after I had it flushed. Literally days after.

I limped into the dealership and traded it in.

I have heard a lot of bad stories about Chrysler's after 100k so expect the worst. You might just pay for the extra warranty. Normally you never buy the extended warranty unles you are risk adverse and want the insurance of knowing it will be taken care of.

Here are some owners thoughts on this vehicle.

http://www.edmunds.com/chrysler/sebring ... ik16231730

http://autos.msn.com/research/vip/overv ... CID=iSEMPI

I can't believe they blue book that high. I bought my 2003 Accord for $10,900 at 40k miles. Changed the plugs at 100k and the oil every 6k like the manual says and its going on 173k right now. Still gets over 30 mpg with the air on going up hill. Best of 37 mpg from so cal to nor cal. Love it.
Cowboys 4 life

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 79)
Location: Somewhere between Silicon Valley and a bunch of Fruits

Postby TruNinerFan » Wed Jul 23, 2008 10:08 am

I just bought a 2007 Chrysler 300 SRT8 and I love it. It dosen't get the gas milage of a Sebring, but it is still a great. If you are thinking about a Chrysler, you should check out the 300's

thanks to Franchise Fan for the sig!!!!!
TruNinerFan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicResponse TeamFantasy ExpertMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 156)

Postby knapplc » Wed Jul 23, 2008 11:01 am

Thanks for the tip, Raff! If it's going to be $200+ I'm not fixing it. It works on high, so I can think of plenty of other things to spend that money on that the convenience of having my fan go lower. But at least I know what the issue is now.
How 'bout them Huskers!
knapplc
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby houstonherdfan » Wed Jul 23, 2008 8:33 pm

Thanks guys. Its suposed to be out of the certifying Enterprise shop tomorrow. It has passed, they are just going to detail it. Would not worry about the extended warranty if I didn't have enough cash to cover it. Since I got the money, going to get it. Its a GM warranty so its not one of the after market types that aren't worth the paper its written on. It is going to be less than a grand to cover it out past the point where my son gets it in 32 months or so after he gets his license. Then I buy me anouther vehicle.

Son is already telling his friends that his first car will be a convertible. LOL
You could think of government workers like teenagers. You pay them an allowance, but do you get any work out them? They eat the food, put their feet on the furniture and complain loudly whenever they are unhappy.
houstonherdfan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Sweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 5)

Postby houstonherdfan » Tue Jul 29, 2008 8:12 pm

well I bought it last Friday. Man so far I love it. I have always wanted a convetible. It needs some sound proofing underneigh, getting that taken care of this weekend for about 400 bucks. Rides good. No quite the gas mileage I have seen for reasearch, but put about 600 miles on it in the last 5 days and most of them with the top down. The drag alone could acount for that still getting about 23 MPG. Thats fine cause I'm used to 16 with the old truck.
You could think of government workers like teenagers. You pay them an allowance, but do you get any work out them? They eat the food, put their feet on the furniture and complain loudly whenever they are unhappy.
houstonherdfan
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Sweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 5)

Postby Cowboys 4 life » Tue Jul 29, 2008 11:15 pm

houstonherdfan wrote:well I bought it last Friday. Man so far I love it. I have always wanted a convetible. It needs some sound proofing underneigh, getting that taken care of this weekend for about 400 bucks. Rides good. No quite the gas mileage I have seen for reasearch, but put about 600 miles on it in the last 5 days and most of them with the top down. The drag alone could acount for that still getting about 23 MPG. Thats fine cause I'm used to 16 with the old truck.

Glad you like it. ;-D

The vert will cause a ton of drag especially on the freeway. Probably 5 mpgs. If you just have the windows down on the freeway you cause drag let alone a vert.
Cowboys 4 life

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 79)
Location: Somewhere between Silicon Valley and a bunch of Fruits

Previous

Return to General Talk