Colts Sign Six Draft Picks - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Indianapolis Colts

Colts Sign Six Draft Picks

Moderator: Football Moderators

Colts Sign Six Draft Picks

Postby Dr. Duran Duran » Wed Jul 23, 2008 8:48 pm

Nice to see most of the Colts draft choices will be reporting to camp on time. It's always a plus when the youngsters get more snaps by signing on the dotted line before camp starts.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news;_ylt=A ... &type=lgns
Dr. Duran Duran
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Colts Sign Six Draft Picks

Postby scottaa1 » Wed Jul 23, 2008 9:31 pm

“That was one of the major prerequisites for him and his family when I first sat down with them,” said Ken Zuckerman, Pollak’s agent. “He said ‘holdout’ was not a category he wanted to be in.”

That's refreshing to read, what with all the newbies who don't want to go train with their new teams while negotiations languish for weeks/months. One of the many things I like about the Colts' organization is the 'team first' attitude that is prevalent from the highest levels to the lowest. I think it also helps Indy keep out the prima donnas and the 'ME ME ME!' people like Chad Johnson.

Not that he'd do it, but I suspect Bill Polian would be elected Mayor in a landslide if he ever chose to run for public office :-) Heck, Governor!

It's certainly been a great span for Colts fans. I don't want the Dungy/Manning era to end, ever!

Just a little over a week till Indy kicks off the preseason in Canton. Preseason as it may be, I'll be watching ;-D
Thanks Chaoyi Shih for the sig.
scottaa1
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 13)

Re: Colts Sign Six Draft Picks

Postby Dr. Duran Duran » Thu Jul 24, 2008 2:47 am

You said it, bro. I really don't want this to ever end, which really makes me even more thankful that we're living the dream of watching our favorite franchise contend every season. When I see how horrible some fans have it (49ers, Bengals, etc...) we can really raise our heads high knowing how well the Colts are run. I think it gives me hope for the future, when Dungy and Peyton are retired, knowing that Mr. Irsay will do everything possible to keep the team's best interests in mind. ;-D
Dr. Duran Duran
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Return to Indianapolis Colts