Lamont Jordan told not to report - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Lamont Jordan told not to report

Moderator: Football Moderators

Lamont Jordan told not to report

Postby ninremix » Thu Jul 24, 2008 3:18 am

The agent for Raiders running back LaMont Jordan confirmed his client was told not to report to the team's opening day of training camp in Napa, even though the seven-year veteran has two years remaining on his contact.

According to the current collective bargaining agreement, an NFL player under contract must be allowed to report and participate in all offseason and training camp meetings and workouts.

Alvin Keels, who represents the running back, said he told the Raiders on Wednesday they have just more than 24 hours to release his client, trade him or permit him to report as scheduled.

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.c ... 11TS4G.DTL

Will any team be interested in him?
ninremix
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Lamont Jordan told not to report

Postby moochman » Thu Jul 24, 2008 10:52 am

With his injury history I am sure teams will be reluctant to throw much money at him, but when healthy Lamont is more than an adequate RB. Wouldn't be opposed to the Lions signing him.Should he pass a physical of course.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Postby BlueBandit24 » Thu Jul 24, 2008 1:04 pm

Gotta love the way the Raiders do business. Trying to force a coach to resign to save some money, then telling a player under contract he cannot report to camp. They have some talent but I cannot see things getting good there until Al Davis rides off into the sunset.
BlueBandit24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner

Postby biju » Thu Jul 24, 2008 2:09 pm

BlueBandit24 wrote:Gotta love the way the Raiders do business. Trying to force a coach to resign to save some money, then telling a player under contract he cannot report to camp. They have some talent but I cannot see things getting good there until Al Davis rides off into the sunset.

Exactly.

Al Davis has always been overly concerned with other teams "stealing" their playbook by signing dumped players. Maybe Al needs to wake up and learn that the way to beat his team is to merely show up and go through the motions. They aren't good enough for anyone to care about their dumped players...
biju
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 Survivor

Postby fx495232 » Thu Jul 24, 2008 8:56 pm

I heard on sirius today that the Saints might be interested, depending on how deuce looks. Personally, I'd like to see him go to Arizona to give edge some help.
fx495232
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby BigBadBrawler » Sat Jul 26, 2008 2:43 pm

Jordan signed with NE. Per Rotoworld:

NFL Network's Adam Schefter reports the Patriots have signed RB LaMont Jordan, a day after he was released by the Raiders.

Jordan also considered New Orleans, but the Pats swooped in on another cheap, serviceable vet. This may say as much about the club's confidence in Sammy Morris' health as it does about Laurence Maroney. However, it's been clear for some time that Maroney's usage patterns were simply not reliable enough for fantasy leaguers, and Jordan's signing adds further concern. Maroney will remain the starter, but Jordan could play a significant enough role to hamper Maroney's consistency and overall production.
BigBadBrawler
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Location: The largest Media Market in the country without an NFL Franchise

Return to Football Talk