The X-Files 2 - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

The X-Files 2

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: The X-Files 2

Postby kyguy78 » Sat Jul 26, 2008 8:07 am

I was really letdown by it. It just didn't have the old X-Files feel to it and the story was pretty weak. And my biggest problem with the movie was they spent so much time trying to break Mulder and Scully apart, but that's not what any fan wants to see. We want to see the two of them out doing their thing, but that's not really what you get here. I understand they're trying to update the characters and show how they've grown, but they focus more on that. What made The X-Files great was the interplay between Mulder and Scully and really good scripts and the movie is just lacking in both areas. I'd definitely suggest you wait for DVD.

"Just when you think you know the answers, I change the questions!"
kyguy78
Head Coach
Head Coach

Home Cafe: Football

Postby mikus » Mon Jul 28, 2008 11:23 pm

I agree with the knock on the story, it was not up to par. And the play between Mulder and Scully was a little course at times, but I thought they had great chemistry on screen, as usual.

There may have been some problems, but that is all the more reason for Chris Carter to make another movie!
Thanks to madaslives911 for the sweet sig!
The Hazean: Fantasy football galore
mikus
General Manager
General Manager

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
Location: Same place as every other blogger: My Mom's basement. That is where bloggers work, right?

Postby Cowboys 4 life » Mon Jul 28, 2008 11:26 pm

Rental for me. 10 bucks a pop no thanks.
Cowboys 4 life

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 79)
Location: Somewhere between Silicon Valley and a bunch of Fruits

Postby mikus » Tue Jul 29, 2008 5:53 pm

Unrelated to the movie, but not the series:

Boston Globe ranks The X-Files as the No. 4 best Science Fiction TV Show of all time.

Linkage
mikus
General Manager
General Manager

Location: Same place as every other blogger: My Mom's basement. That is where bloggers work, right?

Postby stomperrob » Tue Aug 05, 2008 6:59 pm

mikus wrote:Unrelated to the movie, but not the series:

Boston Globe ranks The X-Files as the No. 4 best Science Fiction TV Show of all time.

Linkage

Still haven't seen it yet - not sure if I'll go to the theatre or wait for the DVD.

My rankings:

1) The X-Files
2) The Outer Limits*
3) The Twilight Zone

*NB: The original b&w of The Outer Limits, not the terrible newer version - I have the entire series on DVD, classic that used to scare me as a kid!

I didn't include LOST, which I love, like they did in their rankings 'cause I don't classify it under the sci-fi genre, or it would be right up there.
Fantasy Football: "Luck is where preparation meets opportunity"
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 138)

Postby mikus » Tue Aug 05, 2008 10:10 pm

stomperrob wrote:
mikus wrote:Unrelated to the movie, but not the series:

Linkage

Still haven't seen it yet - not sure if I'll go to the theatre or wait for the DVD.

My rankings:

1) The X-Files
2) The Outer Limits*
3) The Twilight Zone

*NB: The original b&w of The Outer Limits, not the terrible newer version - I have the entire series on DVD, classic that used to scare me as a kid!

I didn't include LOST, which I love, like they did in their rankings 'cause I don't classify it under the sci-fi genre, or it would be right up there.

There were some questionable calls on that list, in my opinion, but I do not claim to be a Sci-Fi expert. However, I would have liked to see Eureka make that list. In its third season now, it is the highest rated show on the Sci-Fi channel.
mikus
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Munboy » Wed Aug 06, 2008 8:51 pm

I was a huge fan of the series from episode one, through the first 4-5 seasons, but I started losing interest in it. They drug out the mythos of the series wayyyyy to long and took so long answering questions that it got boring to me. I loved the earlier episodes that centered around stories outside of mythos, but they took way too long to answer questions and I finally stopped watching when Mulder left.

In my opinion, it took way to long for this movie to come out, and for the story to be outside the mythos, I'm not terribly interested in seeing it. Sounds like a DVD rental for me.
Feel small yet?
Munboy
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby moonhead » Thu Aug 07, 2008 9:50 am

moonhead
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye