Brandon Marshall facing 2-3 game suspension - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Brandon Marshall facing 2-3 game suspension

Moderator: Football Moderators

Brandon Marshall facing 2-3 game suspension

Postby LS2throwed » Thu Jul 24, 2008 6:39 pm

per roto:

NFL Network's Adam Schefter believes that Brandon Marshall is in danger of a four- to eight-game suspension.
Early indications were that Marshall might only miss one to three, but he's been arrested three times in the last year and has a DUI charge pending, so this new estimate may be more realistic. Fantasy owners drafting early this year must take this into account. Schefter is a former Broncos beat writer and has excellent connections with anything Denver-related. The league is expected to make a formal decision on Marshall's status by next week.

You can read my comments on him a few weeks ago, this is the exact reason I'm staying away in redrafts, and dynasties, he is one more mishap away from a year suspension, and 8 games this year hurts his value as well as Cutlers...Missing 8 games is too much time gone to draft in the 3rd.
Current Cafe Dynasties:
4th and Goal
Fourth & Inches
Double D
Any Given Dynasty
Eat Cheese Dynasty
NFL's Finest
Cafe Very Special Forces
LS2throwed
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Brandon Marshall facing 4-8 game suspension

Postby BigBadBrawler » Thu Jul 24, 2008 6:52 pm

Well this is still speculative, but yeah, it's not looking good. You have to think this hurts his value fairly significantly in Redraft Leagues especially...
BigBadBrawler
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Location: The largest Media Market in the country without an NFL Franchise

Postby Timbathia » Thu Jul 24, 2008 6:53 pm

At times like this I dont care a hoot about FFL - this bodes ungood for the Broncos chances at playoffs (as slim as they were).
Timbathia
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby LS2throwed » Thu Jul 24, 2008 7:01 pm

BigBadBrawler wrote:Well this is still speculative, but yeah, it's not looking good. You have to think this hurts his value fairly significantly in Redraft Leagues especially...

Yea because if his value is 3rd round, why not just pass on him for guys like Fitzgerald, Colston, TJ, Steve Smith, CJ, or even Holmes...Thats a high pick to spend to miss the first 8 games, by then who knows if your fantasy season is already a disaster or not, and alot of drafts are going on right now before a decision is handed down...Keepers and dynasties are obviously alot different, I guess owners will have to weigh the positives and negatives of his situation and take that chance.

More importantly, does Cutler struggle this year now? Javon Walker is gone, Marshall could be gone 8 games, and Scheffer certainly isn't the healthiest guy in the league, so he won't be playing with the same sort of playmakers every game of the season, I would probably move Hass and Bulger in front of him in redraft leagues.
Last edited by LS2throwed on Thu Jul 24, 2008 7:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Current Cafe Dynasties:
4th and Goal
Fourth & Inches
Double D
Any Given Dynasty
Eat Cheese Dynasty
NFL's Finest
Cafe Very Special Forces
LS2throwed
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby JasonSeahorn » Thu Jul 24, 2008 7:20 pm

LS2throwed wrote:
BigBadBrawler wrote:Well this is still speculative, but yeah, it's not looking good. You have to think this hurts his value fairly significantly in Redraft Leagues especially...

Yea because if his value is 3rd round, why not just pass on him for guys like Fitzgerald, Colston, TJ, Steve Smith, CJ, or even Holmes...Thats a high pick to spend to miss the first 8 games, by then who knows if your fantasy season is already a disaster or not, and alot of drafts are going on right know before a decision is handed down...Keepers and dynasties are obviously alot different, I guess owners will have to weigh the positives and negatives of his situation and take that chance.

More importantly, does Cutler struggle this year now? Javon Walker is gone, Marshall could be gone 8 games, and Scheffer certainly isn't the healthiest guy in the league, so he won't be playing with the same sort of playmakers every game of the season, I would probably move Hass and Bulger in front of him in redraft leagues.

Well I think Fitz, Colston, Housh, Smith and maybe Ocho were being drafted before Marshall anyway. This is unfortunate for people who have drafted already (like myself in one particular league). However, Marshall COULD end up being a draft steal if the cards fall right and assuming Marshall will be missing the first 4-8 games. If you draft your team and feel that it can be strong enough to at least contend for a playoff spot, maybe with a bit of a WR carousel, you could be able to draft Marshall much later than he normally would go, and you would have his production for the 2nd half of the season and more importantly the fantasy playoffs. However, this is a chance to be taking, and it depends on which games he would be missing.

Thanks to deluxe_247 for sig, he is welcome to sail with the Captain too!

I will win all of the fantasy cafe games.....next year
JasonSeahorn
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby scottaa1 » Thu Jul 24, 2008 7:36 pm

LS2throwed wrote:

Yea because if his value is 3rd round, why not just pass on him for guys like Fitzgerald, Colston, TJ, Steve Smith, CJ, or even Holmes.

Yeppers, I avoided him for just that reason, took Colston instead. I question Denver in general; the only player I've picked up from their team is Young, and that was as a RB#4. But, I make questionnable decisions all the time. :-D
Thanks Chaoyi Shih for the sig.
scottaa1
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 13)

Postby mikus » Thu Jul 24, 2008 7:54 pm

I might be tempted to stay away or drop him down a few notches in redrafts. But if the value is right in keepers and dynasties, I still would take a chance on the guy. Hopefully he can pull it together before he destroys what figures to be a very lucrative career.
Thanks to madaslives911 for the sweet sig!
The Hazean: Fantasy football galore
mikus
General Manager
General Manager

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly Winner
Location: Same place as every other blogger: My Mom's basement. That is where bloggers work, right?

Postby fx495232 » Thu Jul 24, 2008 8:49 pm

wow.........first i've heard of this. i really liked cutler, and marshall was high on my board as well. guess i'll see what happens...........
fx495232
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby Cowboys 4 life » Thu Jul 24, 2008 9:01 pm

I just drafted him. But I knew the risk so its my fault. I could have taken several others but liked his upside. Hopefully he comes back for playoffs ;-D
Cowboys 4 life

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 79)
Location: Somewhere between Silicon Valley and a bunch of Fruits

Postby XHendrix » Thu Jul 24, 2008 10:00 pm

He wont be suspended for 4-8 games, it's all speculation by a writer. He'll be suspended for a game or 2 , due mostly to the fact the Rod Smith went in as his mentor.
XHendrix
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Next

Return to Football Talk