Brandon Marshall facing 2-3 game suspension - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Brandon Marshall facing 2-3 game suspension

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Brandon Marshall facing 4-8 game suspension

Postby BlueBandit24 » Fri Jul 25, 2008 11:06 am

XHendrix wrote:He wont be suspended for 4-8 games, it's all speculation by a writer. He'll be suspended for a game or 2 , due mostly to the fact the Rod Smith went in as his mentor.

I don't know how much clout Rod Smith holds considering he has had his own off the field troubles during his career.

Any significant suspension plummets Marshall's and Cutler's value, both of whom I was disturbingly high on. Can't say that Marshall hasn't earned any suspension he gets though.
BlueBandit24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby bungle613 » Fri Jul 25, 2008 12:07 pm

I just don't see it. It seems a little unprecedented. I can't recall any suspension of that size being handed out for fairly minor arrests. I don't have time right now to look it up but Pacman pleaded out to some of his.
bungle613
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

EditorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby dmacblue » Fri Jul 25, 2008 12:23 pm

Yeah i kinda agree with Bungle here, 4-8 games X-I

I mean Lynch's hit, run and avoid the cops BS got whittled down to nothing. :-t

Kudos to the uberdesigner 'soty' for the sig!
dmacblue
General Manager
General Manager

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Location: Driving the Chase Coffman bandwagon to the 2011 Pro Bowl!

Postby LS2throwed » Fri Jul 25, 2008 12:32 pm

bungle613 wrote:I just don't see it. It seems a little unprecedented. I can't recall any suspension of that size being handed out for fairly minor arrests.

Chris Henry?

Henry was arrested four times in a 14-month span, resulting in two benchings by coach Marvin Lewis and a two-game league suspension. He was one of nine Bengals arrested in nine months.

Marshall was arrested 3 times in a 12 month span with a DUI pending, thats not much different then Henry at this point...Adam Jones was involved in roughly 10 incidents involving police, which led to his suspension being a years time...These don't have to be huge issues, it just has to be consistently happening for it to become a problem.

This is how Goodell looks at it:
"We must protect the integrity of the NFL," commissioner Roger Goodell said in a statement. "The highest standards of conduct must be met by everyone in the NFL because it is a privilege to represent the NFL, not a right. These players, and all members of our league, have to make the right choices and decisions in their conduct on a consistent basis."

Basically anyone who continues to have run ins with the law will be suspended, its not that hard to stay out of trouble, and Goodell is cracking down on the guys who can't seen to grasp the concept, and Marshall's list of little run ins look exactly like some of these guys who were suspended:

* While at UCF he was arrested and charged with assault on an officer

* He was arrested last year for suspicion of domestic violence

* 6 Months later he was charged with a DUI

And I believe last month he was pulled over without his license and registration, so at this point I would say he's looking more towards 2-4 games right now, but he's on the path to missing 8-16 games unless he really takes that next step in maturing...Seems like Goodell gets tougher each time though so it's hard for me to tell what it will be...As far as Lynch, if he gets arrested again then suspension talk will come up with him, its first time offenders that usually get a warning, but not guys with a history of the same stuff.
Current Cafe Dynasties:
4th and Goal
Fourth & Inches
Double D
Any Given Dynasty
Eat Cheese Dynasty
NFL's Finest
Cafe Very Special Forces
LS2throwed
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer

Postby Kensat30 » Fri Jul 25, 2008 1:13 pm

Brandon Marshall was probably responsible for Darrent Williams death.

This guy just does not know how to act. Denver made a HUGE mistake hitching their wagon to this guy instead of Javon Walker. There are two types of guys you have to look out for. People who get into trouble and troublemakers. Marshall is a troublemaker.
Kensat30
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe Writer

Postby tolleyjenkins » Fri Jul 25, 2008 3:39 pm

Kensat30 wrote:Brandon Marshall was probably responsible for Darrent Williams death.

This guy just does not know how to act. Denver made a HUGE mistake hitching their wagon to this guy instead of Javon Walker. There are two types of guys you have to look out for. People who get into trouble and troublemakers. Marshall is a troublemaker.

Even if he is a troublemaker, it's an eggregious reach to say he was rsponsible for Williams' death. He didn't pull the trigger, and there's a big gap between pulling the trigger and spraying the possible shooter with champagne...
tolleyjenkins
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby XHendrix » Fri Jul 25, 2008 5:20 pm

Did the incident at UCF happen while he was in college? If so it should not be in the equation.

Was he ever charged for the domestic violence case, or just arrested?

Every NFL player gets a DUI, no one has been suspended for their first one.
XHendrix
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby TheRawDAWG » Fri Jul 25, 2008 6:52 pm

tolleyjenkins wrote:
Kensat30 wrote:Brandon Marshall was probably responsible for Darrent Williams death.

Even if he is a troublemaker, it's an eggregious reach to say he was rsponsible for Williams' death. He didn't pull the trigger, and there's a big gap between pulling the trigger and spraying the possible shooter with champagne...

Uh, I agree with you that Marshall is complete moron. But to say Javon Walker is any better is a huge stretch. Didn't Walker just do the same thing Marshall did in the Williams incident? Spraying champagne at people is so disrespectful and if you do it to the wrong guys you WILL get hurt. Marshall's an idiot...and Walker's an idiot.
So they weren't the best...and may have ended the worst. SO WHAT!
TheRawDAWG
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby tolleyjenkins » Fri Jul 25, 2008 7:04 pm

TheRawDAWG wrote:
tolleyjenkins wrote:

Uh, I agree with you that Marshall is complete moron. But to say Javon Walker is any better is a huge stretch. Didn't Walker just do the same thing Marshall did in the Williams incident? Spraying champagne at people is so disrespectful and if you do it to the wrong guys you WILL get hurt. Marshall's an idiot...and Walker's an idiot.

Who said Walker is better? I was referring to Marshall having sprayed champagne, which IIRC is allegedly also what may have played a part in the altercation involving Williams' death.
tolleyjenkins
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby LS2throwed » Fri Jul 25, 2008 8:16 pm

per roto:

Brandon Marshall appeared out of shape at Broncos practice Friday, having to take a knee after nearly every other route he ran.
Marshall's conditioning was questioned last camp as well, and his injury problems this off-season didn't help. He obviously worked his way into shape last year, although we wonder what will happen while Marshall serves his suspension. He could find out the length of the suspension next week.

http://www.sportingnews.com/yourturn/vi ... p?t=438312

On a side note Cutler looked very sharp.
Current Cafe Dynasties:
4th and Goal
Fourth & Inches
Double D
Any Given Dynasty
Eat Cheese Dynasty
NFL's Finest
Cafe Very Special Forces
LS2throwed
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer