Brandon Marshall facing 2-3 game suspension - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Brandon Marshall facing 2-3 game suspension

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Brandon Marshall facing 4-8 game suspension

Postby flotsamnjetsam » Sat Jul 26, 2008 12:20 am

XHendrix wrote:Every NFL player gets a DUI

:-?

Thanks to deluxe_247 for the awesome sig!
flotsamnjetsam

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 86)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby stomperrob » Fri Aug 01, 2008 5:56 pm

Still no decision...

NFL commish: Decision on Marshall's fate coming soon
By Jeff Legwold, Rocky Mountain News
Originally published 01:59 p.m., August 1, 2008
Updated 01:59 p.m., August 1, 2008

CANTON, Ohio — Broncos wide receiver Brandon Marshall will know his disciplinary fate in the coming days.

NFL commissioner Roger Goodell said Friday the league was in “the final stages” of reviewing Marshall’s case and said he expected to make a decision by early next week on the punishment Marshall will face for violating the league’s conduct policy.

Goodell is attending the Hall of Fame induction ceremonies this weekend and monitoring the negotiations between Brett Favre and the Green Bay Packers about Favre’s potential return to the field, so he is not expected to get to other issues again until at least Monday.

“But we are in the final stages of that,” Goodell said. “We’ve had a hearing, we’ve had discussions. We’ve got a little more work to do — which was actually done (Friday) morning — and we should be making a ruling very shortly.”

con't...

rest of article: http://www.rockymountainnews.com/news/2 ... -decision/
Fantasy Football: "Luck is where preparation meets opportunity"
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 177)

Postby Kilroy » Mon Aug 04, 2008 12:40 am

From this it looks like Marshall is going to get three games, knocked down to two if he agrees to counseling. Two games is what I expected him to get, and all things considered it's about as good of news as Marshall owners could have realistically expected.

"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it." -- Voltaire
Kilroy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Musketeer

Postby Cowboys 4 life » Mon Aug 04, 2008 12:48 am

Kilroy wrote:From this it looks like Marshall is going to get three games, knocked down to two if he agrees to counseling. Two games is what I expected him to get, and all things considered it's about as good of news as Marshall owners could have realistically expected.

CB4L puts head down and shakes it.

Kilroy's Krystal Ball says "don't take Marshall...too many issues which make him risky." Take Holt. :-P :-{ !+)
Cowboys 4 life

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerPick 3 Weekly WinnerCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 87)
Location: Somewhere between Silicon Valley and a bunch of Fruits

Postby Kilroy » Mon Aug 04, 2008 1:22 am

Cowboys 4 life wrote:
Kilroy wrote:From this it looks like Marshall is going to get three games, knocked down to two if he agrees to counseling. Two games is what I expected him to get, and all things considered it's about as good of news as Marshall owners could have realistically expected.

CB4L puts head down and shakes it.

Kilroy's Krystal Ball says "don't take Marshall...too many issues which make him risky." Take Holt. :-P :-{ !+)

And that hasn't changed. Marshall's still looking at at least two games, and if he screws up again (and this is a guy with a propensity for doing so) he'll be looking at a much longer suspension.

Holt had 93/1189/7 in what was considered a down year for him, and I think he has a better chance of backing up (or even exceeding) those numbers than Marshall does, especially given that Brandon will be playing two fewer games. I'd take "Big Game" first in a redraft 10 times out of 10.

"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it." -- Voltaire
Kilroy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Musketeer

Postby petedog9 » Mon Aug 04, 2008 11:24 am

He got 2-3 games.........

The Rocky Mountain News reports Denver Broncos WR Brandon Marshall will receive a three-game suspension from the NFL for his violation of the personal conduct policy. The story was reported during NBC's telecast of the Hall of Fame Game Sunday, Aug. 3. The report went on to say the suspension can be pared to two games if Marshall agrees to undergo counseling. According to a league source, Marshall had not been apprised of any looming penalty. The league also is maintaining that no decision has yet been made, according to a second source. A decision on Marshall's fate could come as soon as Monday, Aug. 4.
petedog9
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby Azrael » Mon Aug 04, 2008 11:38 am

I know this is the Marshall supsension thread but there should either be a new thread or a mod should changed the title of the thread to reflect the actual suspension handed down. If it's a 2 gamer I'm still going to grab him in the 4th I think.
Azrael
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 7)

Postby petedog9 » Mon Aug 04, 2008 11:49 am

I am curious to see how people treat the two game suspenion on both Marshall and S. Smith. Does this drop their ADP. These are two #1 wrs on any fantasy team. Who is willing to take them knowing they sit until week 3 and who passes...
petedog9
General Manager
General Manager

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby King Tim » Mon Aug 04, 2008 12:36 pm

petedog9 wrote:I am curious to see how people treat the two game suspenion on both Marshall and S. Smith. Does this drop their ADP. These are two #1 wrs on any fantasy team. Who is willing to take them knowing they sit until week 3 and who passes...

I've got both these guys on my dynasty. 0-2 start for me.
Chris Mortensen: You can make a case for both QBs (Marino @ Elway) when talking about the "greatest ever", but in terms of just physical talent, John Elway was hands-down the most gifted quarterback who has ever played football.
King Tim
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby HskrPwr13 » Mon Aug 04, 2008 3:47 pm

petedog9 wrote:I am curious to see how people treat the two game suspenion on both Marshall and S. Smith. Does this drop their ADP. These are two #1 wrs on any fantasy team. Who is willing to take them knowing they sit until week 3 and who passes...

In auction, I'm going to be targeting these guys on the cheap. I'm hoping to get both for WR3 money.
HskrPwr13
General Manager
General Manager

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk