Bengals Fantasy Preview

Moderator: Football Moderators

Bengals Fantasy Preview

Postby The Lung » Fri Jul 25, 2008 11:40 am

From: http://fantasy.sportingnews.com/nfl/experts/roger-kuznia/20080724.html

Bengals: Still loaded on offense
July 24, 2008

WHAT'S NEW

I have a friend with a pretty good pulse on the Bengals. A creature of much passion and faith, he named his fantasy team "In Marvin We Trust" the past couple of seasons. This year, "Trust" became "Trusted," which shows you how his feelings have changed in regards to Marvin Lewis' Bengals.

Much like our economy, these are uncertain times for Cincinnati, and the uncertainty begins with chronic pain-in-the-tookus Chad Johnson. Dude says he just wants to win, but he doesn't feel like he can in Cincinnati. Dude is coming off ankle surgery and has been slow to get going from it. Dude looks like a lady. Wait, I took that too far. I love the guy and his gold teeth.

Despite the Bengals' inability to perform in complete unity, they still are a great team to pillage for fantasy footballers. Carson Palmer remains an upper-echelon quarterback, and there aren't too many receivers better than Johnson and T.J. Houshmandzadeh, the latter being in the last year of his contract. What the team really could use is a consistent running game. It would help Palmer out, and it would likely make everyone else better, too.

Defensively, all you should do is close your eyes -- otherwise you'll be headed for heartbreak.

continued...
(~);}

(~);}
The Lung

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 61)
Home Cafe: Football

Return to Cincinnati Bengals