Browns Fantasy Preview

Moderator: Football Moderators

Browns Fantasy Preview

Postby The Lung » Fri Jul 25, 2008 11:41 am

From: http://fantasy.sportingnews.com/nfl/experts/brad-pinkerton/20080725.html

Browns: Great in '08?
July 25, 2008

WHAT'S NEW

Were you surprised by the 10-6 Browns and their sudden offensive prowess last season? If so, join the rest of America. Now the question is: Can they do it again?

I was reluctant to jump on the Cleveland bandwagon last year, but eventually succumbed to the pressure and gave Derek Anderson and Co. the respect they deserved. Now I'm asking whoever is driving the bandwagon to slow down so I can jump out before the wheels fall off.

Even though the Browns have all the essential offensive pieces back in 2008, it's going to be tough for them to repeat their surprising '07 stats. Anderson came down to earth in the second half of last season, which caused the production of Braylon Edwards and Kellen Winslow to drop off as well. It's not hard to imagine Anderson struggling more this season and torpedoing the fantasy values of those around him.

Yes, Cleveland offers several very good fantasy options -- on offense at least -- but beware of overpaying for their services after one good season. There's too much uncertainty around Browns players to draft them when other, more proven options are still available.

continued...
(~);}

(~);}
The Lung

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 61)
Home Cafe: Football

Return to Cleveland Browns