2008 Draft Commentary - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe


Return to The Fluffy Bunny Brigade

2008 Draft Commentary

Moderators: Mookie4ever, KCollins1304, bigken117, The Loveable Losers

Re: 2008 Draft Commentary

Postby Simulacrum » Sat Aug 16, 2008 12:07 pm

Bob must have been up all night busting his ass on some spreadsheet. Yo! TLL! Wakey wakey! :-B
Image
Simulacrum
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

User avatar
Chief Pixel PusherEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Posts: 417
Joined: 12 Apr 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: On a Mission

Re: 2008 Draft Commentary

Postby The Loveable Losers » Mon Aug 18, 2008 8:24 am

Simulacrum wrote:Bob must have been up all night busting his ass on some spreadsheet. Yo! TLL! Wakey wakey! :-B


Sorry about that...I ended up away from the computer longer than I expected on my anniversary there but did finally get my picks sent to someone. I'm back now though ;)
The Loveable Losers Beginner
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant


Posts: 482
Joined: 30 Mar 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: 2008 Draft Commentary

Postby Mookie4ever » Mon Aug 18, 2008 2:48 pm

I'm back. Thanks Ken for making my picks for me. I see that we are going at our usual breakneck speed :-b Looks like the Fluffy Bunny is napping and getting passed by the tortoise.
Image

"I think that gay marriage should be something between a man and a woman" Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

User avatar
ModeratorFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeBaseball ModHockey ModBasketball ModPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Posts: 3067
(Past Year: 1)
Joined: 17 Dec 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Livin in a powderkeg and givin off sparks

Re: 2008 Draft Commentary

Postby The Loveable Losers » Mon Aug 18, 2008 3:13 pm

Mookie4ever wrote:I'm back. Thanks Ken for making my picks for me. I see that we are going at our usual breakneck speed :-b Looks like the Fluffy Bunny is napping and getting passed by the tortoise.


On the plus side we're much farther than last year!
The Loveable Losers Beginner
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant


Posts: 482
Joined: 30 Mar 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: 2008 Draft Commentary

Postby jfg » Tue Aug 19, 2008 5:20 pm

Was Kerry PM'ed or is he too busy conquering Baseball Boss?
jfg
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

User avatar
Cafe RankerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 312
Joined: 3 Nov 2006
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: 2008 Draft Commentary

Postby thedude » Tue Aug 19, 2008 5:37 pm

jfg wrote:Was Kerry PM'ed or is he too busy conquering Baseball Boss?

BP would neeeeever be that vindictive.
thedude
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

User avatar

Posts: 252
Joined: 17 Dec 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: 2008 Draft Commentary

Postby Big Pimpin » Tue Aug 19, 2008 7:04 pm

thedude wrote:
jfg wrote:Was Kerry PM'ed or is he too busy conquering Baseball Boss?

BP would neeeeever be that vindictive.


Well I might. O:-)

But not this time. He was PMed. :-)
Big Pimpin
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

User avatar
Eagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Posts: 853
Joined: 20 Apr 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: On the dark side

Re: 2008 Draft Commentary

Postby Big Pimpin » Wed Aug 20, 2008 11:21 am

Damn I was really hoping to snag Adrian Wilson there. :-t
Big Pimpin
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

User avatar
Eagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Posts: 853
Joined: 20 Apr 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: On the dark side

Re: 2008 Draft Commentary

Postby Big Pimpin » Wed Aug 20, 2008 12:41 pm

Out of curiosity, what is our position on legal rosters during the draft. I've noticed that over the past few picks both Kerry Collins and Sim have taken what amounts to a sixth bench player (Kerry needs a K and 2 IDPs and Sim needs a TE, K, and IDP but both only have 2 picks remaining). Just curious if we're all cool with that as long as rosters are legal by week 1. For the record it doesn't bother me at all. :-)
Big Pimpin
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

User avatar
Eagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Posts: 853
Joined: 20 Apr 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: On the dark side

Re: 2008 Draft Commentary

Postby The Loveable Losers » Wed Aug 20, 2008 1:00 pm

Big Pimpin wrote:Out of curiosity, what is our position on legal rosters during the draft. I've noticed that over the past few picks both Kerry Collins and Sim have taken what amounts to a sixth bench player (Kerry needs a K and 2 IDPs and Sim needs a TE, K, and IDP but both only have 2 picks remaining). Just curious if we're all cool with that as long as rosters are legal by week 1. For the record it doesn't bother me at all. :-)


Just my opinion...nothing official.

This isn't fantasy baseball where an illegal roster helps you (ie don't carry a 2nd catcher since they'll just hurt your stats anyways). Fantasy football every point counts no matter who scores it. Given that fact I don't see any problem with people carrying illegal rosters DURING the year - it's not really going to help them.
The Loveable Losers Beginner
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant


Posts: 482
Joined: 30 Mar 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball

PreviousNext

Return to The Fluffy Bunny Brigade

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Start & Sit Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Get Ready...
The 2014 NFL season kicks off in 13:56 hours
(and 37 days)
2014 NFL Schedule


  • Fantasy Football
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact