2008 Draft Commentary - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe


Return to The Fluffy Bunny Brigade

2008 Draft Commentary

Moderators: Mookie4ever, KCollins1304, bigken117, The Loveable Losers

Re: 2008 Draft Commentary

Postby The Loveable Losers » Mon Jul 28, 2008 4:06 pm

thedude wrote:I was hoping for Roddy White... :-[ Maybe i am better of because Atlanta's QB situation is almost as bad as KC... Oh wait. :-/


I was really torn there between him and the next 3-4 people that came off the board. That was a VERY tough decision but if he can do what he did last year with the mess that was post-Vick year #1 I think he's got a good shot at repeating it a year removed from that circus.
The Loveable Losers Beginner
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant


Posts: 482
Joined: 30 Mar 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: 2008 Draft Commentary

Postby thedude » Mon Jul 28, 2008 4:09 pm

kimchi_chigae wrote:
thedude wrote:I was hoping for Roddy White... :-[ Maybe i am better of because Atlanta's QB situation is almost as bad as KC... Oh wait. :-/


Sir, my QB situation is pretty awesome, thank you very much.

Who?
Brodie Croyle might be good, but I worry about him getting the ball to T-Gon. I think Matt Ryan will be good, but not right away.
thedude
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

User avatar

Posts: 252
Joined: 17 Dec 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: 2008 Draft Commentary

Postby daullaz » Tue Jul 29, 2008 12:02 am

Don't worry, KC. I got it. ;-D
Image
Image
daullaz
Head Scribe
Head Scribe

User avatar
EditorCafeholicCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerMatchup Meltdown ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Posts: 3107
(Past Year: 38)
Joined: 17 Jan 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: The Cave

Re: 2008 Draft Commentary

Postby raiders_umpire » Tue Jul 29, 2008 6:24 am

thedude wrote:
kimchi_chigae wrote:
thedude wrote:I was hoping for Roddy White... :-[ Maybe i am better of because Atlanta's QB situation is almost as bad as KC... Oh wait. :-/


Sir, my QB situation is pretty awesome, thank you very much.

Who?
Brodie Croyle might be good, but I worry about him getting the ball to T-Gon. I think Matt Ryan will be good, but not right away.



:-S :-S
I vote thedude out for next years league.
:-D
Image
raiders_umpire Beginner
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

User avatar
Baseball Mod
Posts: 190
Joined: 14 Dec 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: 2008 Draft Commentary

Postby Simulacrum » Tue Jul 29, 2008 11:30 am

thedude wrote:I was hoping for Roddy White... :-[ Maybe i am better of because Atlanta's QB situation is almost as bad as KC... Oh wait. :-/



Wait, so Atlanta's QB situation sleeps around with Canadiene tramps and is dead last in the Pond Scum league?? 8-o
Image
Simulacrum
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

User avatar
Chief Pixel PusherEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Posts: 417
Joined: 12 Apr 2005
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: On a Mission

Re: 2008 Draft Commentary

Postby thedude » Tue Jul 29, 2008 2:58 pm

daullaz wrote:Don't worry, KC. I got it. ;-D

Oh now i get it. :-S :-B
thedude
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

User avatar

Posts: 252
Joined: 17 Dec 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: 2008 Draft Commentary

Postby kimchi_chigae » Tue Jul 29, 2008 3:20 pm

thedude wrote:
daullaz wrote:Don't worry, KC. I got it. ;-D

Oh now i get it. :-S :-B


:-D

Don't feel bad, thedude. Sim never gets any of them either. }:-)
kimchi_chigae Beginner
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Pick 3 ChampionSweet 16 Survivor
Posts: 346
Joined: 27 May 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Section 9

Re: 2008 Draft Commentary

Postby Mookie4ever » Tue Jul 29, 2008 7:23 pm

What's with the hate for Rudi Johnson.

If I could turn the clock back a couple of years and have Dr. Andrews on permanent staff, my backfield of Ronnie Brown and Rudi could be amazing. Watch out Shaun Alexander, I pick again in two picks.
Image

"I think that gay marriage should be something between a man and a woman" Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

User avatar
ModeratorFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeBaseball ModHockey ModBasketball ModPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Posts: 3067
(Past Year: 1)
Joined: 17 Dec 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Livin in a powderkeg and givin off sparks

Re: 2008 Draft Commentary

Postby thedude » Tue Jul 29, 2008 7:33 pm

Mookie4ever wrote:
You guys know something that I don't? Why is he the 83rd player taken?

Mookie4ever wrote:What's with the hate for Rudi Johnson.

If I could turn the clock back a couple of years and have Dr. Andrews on permanent staff, my backfield of Ronnie Brown and Rudi could be amazing. Watch out Shaun Alexander, I pick again in two picks.


In the 2007 NFL Draft, the Bengals chose former Auburn running back Kenny Irons with their second round pick, possibly because of Johnson's success being a non-first round pick out of Auburn. Missing five games that season due to injuries, Johnson only rushed for over 100 yards in one game that season. He finished the season with 497 yards on 170 carries for 3 touchdowns.


http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rudi_Johnson

But i would have drafted him.
thedude
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

User avatar

Posts: 252
Joined: 17 Dec 2004
Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: 2008 Draft Commentary

Postby Mookie4ever » Tue Jul 29, 2008 7:43 pm

thedude wrote:
Mookie4ever wrote:
You guys know something that I don't? Why is he the 83rd player taken?

Mookie4ever wrote:What's with the hate for Rudi Johnson.

If I could turn the clock back a couple of years and have Dr. Andrews on permanent staff, my backfield of Ronnie Brown and Rudi could be amazing. Watch out Shaun Alexander, I pick again in two picks.


In the 2007 NFL Draft, the Bengals chose former Auburn running back Kenny Irons with their second round pick, possibly because of Johnson's success being a non-first round pick out of Auburn. Missing five games that season due to injuries, Johnson only rushed for over 100 yards in one game that season. He finished the season with 497 yards on 170 carries for 3 touchdowns.


http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rudi_Johnson

But i would have drafted him.


Bengals release Kenny Irons July 26
Image

"I think that gay marriage should be something between a man and a woman" Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

User avatar
ModeratorFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeBaseball ModHockey ModBasketball ModPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Posts: 3067
(Past Year: 1)
Joined: 17 Dec 2003
Home Cafe: Baseball
Location: Livin in a powderkeg and givin off sparks

PreviousNext

Return to The Fluffy Bunny Brigade

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests

Forums Articles & Tips Start & Sit Sleepers Rankings Leagues


Get Ready...
The 2014 NFL season kicks off in 2:44 hours
(and 35 days)
2014 NFL Schedule


  • Fantasy Football
  • Article Submissions
  • Privacy Statement
  • Site Survey 
  • Contact