Dexter - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to General Talk

Dexter

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Dexter

Postby BlueBandit24 » Fri Jul 25, 2008 7:20 pm

I was intrigued by the premise so I watched the episodes they aired on CBS and fell in love with the show after a few episodes. I am hoping to pick up the DVD's to Seasons 1 & 2 here soon so I can catch up on what I've missed and see the show without CBS's stupid editing. Don't have Showtime though. :-o
BlueBandit24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Canucks_Fantasy » Fri Jul 25, 2008 8:49 pm

Metroid wrote:I never watch shows as they air, if I did I'd miss too many episodes because I can't remember shiz....hell I'd forget my own birthday if it wasn't written on my drivers license. :-B

Anyway I love that show, I've only seen the first season though...still waiting for season 2 to come out on DVD in August. ;-D

Same situation I'm in.

It's a good show, but not one you can just sit down and enjoy. You need to be following the plot (similar to Lost).
Canucks_Fantasy
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby flotsamnjetsam » Fri Jul 25, 2008 11:58 pm

Definitely one of my favorite shows and I don't have Showtime. I started watching the CBS airings. I liked it so much that I bought season 1 on DVD. I have season 2 pre-ordered, so that's coming to me as soon as it gets released (a little before season 3 starts). Very "out there". Love the humor in it. Awesome show and I can't wait until season 2 arrives in the mail. I think I won't get Showtime. Not worth it for me when I'm going to end up buying the DVD's anyway. I'll just be a little behind everyone that has Showtime. ;-D

Thanks to deluxe_247 for the awesome sig!
flotsamnjetsam

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 78)

Postby flotsamnjetsam » Sat Jul 26, 2008 12:01 am

Canucks_Fantasy wrote:
Metroid wrote:It's a good show, but not one you can just sit down and enjoy. You need to be following the plot (similar to Lost).

I disagree. Dexter is in no way similar to Lost. Dexter actually answers questions & makes sense.
;-7 :-b ;-) :-/

Thanks to deluxe_247 for the awesome sig!
flotsamnjetsam

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 78)

Postby treat24 » Sat Jul 26, 2008 7:11 am

flotsamnjetsam wrote:
Canucks_Fantasy wrote:
Metroid wrote:It's a good show, but not one you can just sit down and enjoy. You need to be following the plot (similar to Lost).

I disagree. Dexter is in no way similar to Lost. Dexter actually answers questions & makes sense.

This is something I love about the show. When they wrap the season, they wrap everything. Everything has pretty much been answered, explained, dealt with, and come to a conclusion. It is not in the ballpark of Lost. Lost is well, lost. Dexter is the shiz.
treat24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: I'm drinking 'til I forget the 1999 NFC Championship game.

Postby Metroid » Sat Jul 26, 2008 11:20 am

Metroid wrote:What about Brotherhood? Does that show suck? I have the first disk/season 1 sitting on my desk from Netflix...should I bother? :-?

?????????????? :-D
Metroid

ModeratorCafeholicCafe RankerGraphics ExpertEagle Eye

Postby Canucks_Fantasy » Mon Jul 28, 2008 1:28 am

treat24 wrote:
This is something I love about the show. When they wrap the season, they wrap everything. Everything has pretty much been answered, explained, dealt with, and come to a conclusion. It is not in the ballpark of Lost. Lost is well, lost. Dexter is the shiz.

I agree. I just think that it's not a show that you can jump into mid-season, you just won't understand what's going on. So it's similar to Lost in that way.
Canucks_Fantasy
Head Coach
Head Coach

Postby treat24 » Mon Jul 28, 2008 10:23 am

Canucks_Fantasy wrote:
treat24 wrote:

I agree. I just think that it's not a show that you can jump into mid-season, you just won't understand what's going on. So it's similar to Lost in that way.

I can go with that. Even though they do a 2-4 minute recap before each episode... It's much better to start from the beginning and I can easily see it being a show tougher to jump into the middle. I can't say from experience, I watch week to week from day 1, just like the Sopranos, just like most of my shows... I don't really think I've ever jumped into the middle of any show to tell the truth. 5 DVRs precludes me from ever having to do that.
treat24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: I'm drinking 'til I forget the 1999 NFC Championship game.

Postby steelerfan513 » Mon Jul 28, 2008 11:10 am

flotsamnjetsam wrote:
Canucks_Fantasy wrote:

I was gonna say, I didn't know that Lost had a plot. :-?

And yeah, Dexter rocks. I watched seasons one and two on-demand and they were awesome. Can't wait for the third one.

Metroid wrote:
Metroid wrote:What about Brotherhood? Does that show suck? I have the first disk/season 1 sitting on my desk from Netflix...should I bother? :-?

?????????????? :-D

Sorry man, don't watch the show. :-/
Kudos to Leber for the amazing sig and to Metroid for the userbar and making them both fit
2008 and 2009 Defunct Dynasty League Champion
steelerfan513
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown Survivor

Previous

Return to General Talk