Bodden signs contract extension - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Detroit Lions

Bodden signs contract extension

Moderator: Football Moderators

Bodden signs contract extension

Postby stomperrob » Fri Jul 25, 2008 3:07 pm

News Main E-mail
Posted: 18 hours 13 minutes ago
Lions give newly-acquired Bodden four-year extension
NFL.com Wire Reports

The Detroit Lions reached agreement with newly-acquired cornerback Leigh Bodden on a four-year, $27 million contract extension, NFL Network's Adam Schefter reports.

Bodden has two years left on his contract at base salaries of $1.7 and $1.8 million. He will receive a $2 million signing bonus this year and an option bonus of $8.6 million in March.

However, the option bonus is not guaranteed. If the team does not pick it up, Bodden will become a free agent on the first day of the 2009 league year, which in essence shaves the 2009 year off of his contract. Assuming that the option is exercised, Bodden will be under contract to the Lions through the 2013 season.

con't...

rest of article: http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d ... nfirm=true
Fantasy Football: "Luck is where preparation meets opportunity"
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 168)
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Bodden signs contract extension

Postby moochman » Sat Jul 26, 2008 9:53 am

Basidly it sounds like the Lions signed him to a deal they can walk from if he underperforms. Hope he proves me wrong, but that is way too much money for him. Guess the Lions just don't have many quality players to spend their cap on.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Postby bigken117 » Sat Jul 26, 2008 10:37 pm

moochman wrote:Basidly it sounds like the Lions signed him to a deal they can walk from if he underperforms. Hope he proves me wrong, but that is way too much money for him. Guess the Lions just don't have many quality players to spend their cap on.

It's a better deal than Fernando Bryant was....

See, now it doesn't look so bad.
Jacoby Ellsbury - Official Red Sox prospect of the Fantasy Baseball Cafe!
bigken117
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Eagle EyeBaseball Mod
(Past Year: 1)
Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby dream_017 » Wed Jul 30, 2008 12:28 pm

I really hope he works out :-o

It would be nice to have some stability there. I was never a fan of Bly, not that I'm a Bodden fan, but I am willing to try :-D
dream_017
Cafe Google
Cafe Google

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 58)

Postby moochman » Fri Aug 01, 2008 10:21 am

dream_017 wrote:I really hope he works out :-o

It would be nice to have some stability there. I was never a fan of Bly, not that I'm a Bodden fan, but I am willing to try :-D

Remember though that we have probably a much weaker D Line this year. Big Blubber was a beast at times, and even when he chose not to play he still merited the O's attention. Who can forget his embarrassing second half efforts when he would be standing still...but have two blockers standing with him.
White will see more doubles and Redding showed last season that he was a one-trick-pony two years ago. He was more Kalimba than Kalimba last year.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Return to Detroit Lions