Terry Glenn waived - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Terry Glenn waived

Moderator: Football Moderators

Terry Glenn waived

Postby LS2throwed » Fri Jul 25, 2008 6:31 pm

http://cowboysblog.dallasnews.com/archi ... glenn.html

UPDATE: Jerry Jones announced that the Cowboys will waive Glenn. They are not closing the door on the possibility that he will rejoin the team down the road, but they don't want to risk him reinjuring the knee while rehabbing on their dime. Glenn will also be free to sign with another team. Much more to come.

I doubt a vet WR is brought in although I don't think anyone who comes in passes Sam Hurd on the depth chart, I like him even more so now.
Current Cafe Dynasties:
4th and Goal
Fourth & Inches
Double D
Any Given Dynasty
Eat Cheese Dynasty
NFL's Finest
Cafe Very Special Forces
LS2throwed
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Terry Glenn waived

Postby theimitator » Fri Jul 25, 2008 7:47 pm

Won't this also bump up Crayton? Now he's the clear #2. Think he could end up a Housh to TO's CJ?
14 Team w/FLX .5PPR
The Porkchop Express
QB: Carson Palmer, Vince Young
RB: Maurice Jones-Drew, Matt Forte, Reggie Bush, Tim Hightower
WR: Greg Jennings, Anquan Boldin, Terrell Owens, Jabar Gaffney
TE: John Carlson, Ben Watson
PK: R Gould
TD: NO, TB
theimitator
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby LS2throwed » Fri Jul 25, 2008 7:55 pm

theimitator wrote:Won't this also bump up Crayton? Now he's the clear #2. Think he could end up a Housh to TO's CJ?

He doesn't offer that much upside, 1000/8 is certainly possible, but that comparison would be giving him too much credit, he's too hot and cold...Look at his stat sheet last year, in PPR leagues he nearly had one 40 pt game, and quite a few games in the range of 13-19 pts, but he also posted a few blanks and a few couple pt games...Consistency could put him at the 1000 yd mark, but Glenn waived doesn't change that much, he wasn't around last year, most shouldn't of expected him to play this year.

Crayton is great value where he is going though, I would have no problem starting him as my WR3 this season, but I love rotating him off the bench bye weeks or for injuries.

If you want to play him, make it tougher matchups...Games like the Jets and Dolphins he blanked because those teams couldn't stop TO and/or Witten to get to Crayton, but the tougher matchups he makes a better play, he abused Al Harris last year in the Green Bay matchup.
Last edited by LS2throwed on Fri Jul 25, 2008 8:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Current Cafe Dynasties:
4th and Goal
Fourth & Inches
Double D
Any Given Dynasty
Eat Cheese Dynasty
NFL's Finest
Cafe Very Special Forces
LS2throwed
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Postby theimitator » Fri Jul 25, 2008 7:58 pm

LS2throwed wrote:Crayton is great value where he is going though, I would have no problem starting him as my WR3 this season...

Agreed ;-D
14 Team w/FLX .5PPR
The Porkchop Express
QB: Carson Palmer, Vince Young
RB: Maurice Jones-Drew, Matt Forte, Reggie Bush, Tim Hightower
WR: Greg Jennings, Anquan Boldin, Terrell Owens, Jabar Gaffney
TE: John Carlson, Ben Watson
PK: R Gould
TD: NO, TB
theimitator
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby joelamosobadiah » Fri Jul 25, 2008 8:22 pm

Apparently, Glenn had decided to sign the $500,000 waiver the Cowboys initially offered to protect the club from paying his $1.74 million base salary if he suffered another right knee injury.

However, the Cowboys have decided to go in another direction.

This sucks. I can't believe that Glenn finally decided to succumb to their demands and sign the injury waiver and then they tell him they won't do it. I have always liked Glenn and I didn't want to see him released. I hope we decide to bring him back before the season. I really wouldn't be surprised to see them try and bring him back come the first of the preseason or end of training camp.
joelamosobadiah
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

Cafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyePick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby LS2throwed » Fri Jul 25, 2008 8:37 pm

joelamosobadiah wrote:
Apparently, Glenn had decided to sign the $500,000 waiver the Cowboys initially offered to protect the club from paying his $1.74 million base salary if he suffered another right knee injury.

However, the Cowboys have decided to go in another direction.

This sucks. I can't believe that Glenn finally decided to succumb to their demands and sign the injury waiver and then they tell him they won't do it. I have always liked Glenn and I didn't want to see him released. I hope we decide to bring him back before the season. I really wouldn't be surprised to see them try and bring him back come the first of the preseason or end of training camp.

Thats what i originally thought, but Glenn came out and since disputed that original report:

Terry Glenn denies an ESPN report that he's reached an agreement with the Cowboys that would've solidified his roster spot for the time being.
Glenn is being kept on the 80-man club for now, but owner Jerry Jones will have to sign off on any deal. There's no resolution in sight on this one.

per roto...

So who knows, hard to believe we would cut the guy outright if he was healthy, that wouldn't be smart, but I have believed him to be more hurt then he was leading on for some time now.
Current Cafe Dynasties:
4th and Goal
Fourth & Inches
Double D
Any Given Dynasty
Eat Cheese Dynasty
NFL's Finest
Cafe Very Special Forces
LS2throwed
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero