3 New Sleepers - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

3 New Sleepers

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: 3 New Sleepers

Postby LeBron James » Mon Jul 28, 2008 4:57 pm

Cooner wrote:QB: I like the Schaub pick, so to be different, I'll say David Garrard (though his value seems to be rising). I have him projected at around 10th best QB, but in most drafts/auctions I've seen him going around 12-15th in QBs.

RB: Hard to argue with Michael Turner producing more than his current ADP. I'm also keeping a very close eye on Houston to see what happens there. Grabbing all three if you can get them late may not be a bad idea... the result might be a solid RB.

WR: DJ Hackett nearly went "undrafted" in my auction, until I grabbed him for a buck at the end. Potential for a very nice #3 WR.

Yeah, I like Schaub too. Schaub, Delhomme, and Garrard are going to explode this year.
LeBron James
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Cafe Ranker
Home Cafe: Football

Postby spodog » Mon Jul 28, 2008 10:59 pm

3 I like in late rounds:

WR Bryant Johnson

QB Kurt Warner

TE Kevin Boss
spodog
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe RankerCafe SpotterWeb SupporterMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby spodog » Tue Jul 29, 2008 4:49 pm

Bobbleheadrusty wrote:Besides, I think most people on here would agree with me that guys going in the 4th and 5th round aren't sleepers

Yep. Players who are routinely taken in the 5th and 6th rounds are hard to call sleepers. Kind of like me picking the Colts as my sleeper to win the Superbowl this year.

Nice to see guys with less than 10 posts total come into this forum slinging mud and name calling though. Gotta admire the sack on an (#*($*# like that. :-*
spodog
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe RankerCafe SpotterWeb SupporterMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Bobbleheadrusty » Tue Jul 29, 2008 5:05 pm

spodog wrote:
Bobbleheadrusty wrote:Besides, I think most people on here would agree with me that guys going in the 4th and 5th round aren't sleepers

Yep. Players who are routinely taken in the 5th and 6th rounds are hard to call sleepers. Kind of like me picking the Colts as my sleeper to win the Superbowl this year.

Nice to see guys with less than 10 posts total come into this forum slinging mud and name calling though. Gotta admire the sack on an (#*($*# like that. :-*

Looks like you are the one calling names, but Im gonna be the classy one and not fire back.
Bobbleheadrusty
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby onnestabe » Tue Jul 29, 2008 5:17 pm

QB: Schaub, Rodgers - both have the tools to put up some big numbers and aren't very high on the rankings. The problem is that both have durability issues as well. I would prefer to have Schaub over Rodgers because you can handcuff Schaub with Rosenfels and be confident of good production based on what Sage was able to do after Schaub got hurt last year.

RB: There aren't many RBs that you can really call sleepers. Everyone knows about the RBs that are out there. I like these guys' chances to put up some decent numbers if they can get on the field on a consistent basis - Slaton, Norwood, Lorenzo Booker. I would love to put Pierre Thomas in that mix, but I don't think the Saints coaches see as much in him as all of the fans do. If Deuce gets hurt, Pierre will likely see the goalline touches, but that will only be enough to make him valuable as a flex player at best since the Saints are going to employ a fairly even RBBC no matter what happens.

WR: Kevin Walter, Robert Meachem, Ernest Wilford. Walter because he played well when Andre Johnson was hurt, and I think they will be able to spread it around enough that Walter can have some good games even without an AJ injury. Meachem because he could be the guy consistently facing single coverage opposite Colston and Shockey (you have to watch training camp reports, though, because he may not win that starting job - it's a better pick in a keeper/dynasty). Wilford because he has been a TD machine in a crappy offense before. I think that MIA will find a way to generate some production, and I don't have confidence in Ginn's ability to be the go-to guy at receiver.

TE: Crumpler, Dustin Keller. Crumpler because he has been very good in the past, and VY is going to lean on him. Keller because he plays the type of game that yields good fantasy TEs, and I think that NYJ wants to create mismatches with him. The guys that are mismatched are the guys that score TDs.

K: just kidding. I'm not picking a sleeper kicker. :-b
onnestabe
General Manager
General Manager

CafeholicCafe RankerEagle Eye

Postby treat24 » Wed Jul 30, 2008 9:45 am

Anymore name calling in this thread and it will be trashed and warnings will be given to all the name callers. I don't care who started what. At least 4 people in this thread have called each other names. It ends here.
treat24
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
Location: I'm drinking 'til I forget the 1999 NFC Championship game.

Postby Mookie4ever » Wed Jul 30, 2008 10:07 am

My sleepers:

QB - none. Not a year to be reaching for any QB. You'll do just fine drafting a QB in the 10th round.

RB - Chris Johnson Ten - the one guy with the skills to be this year's MJD. LenDale does not inspire confidence so Johnson may get a shot.
Supersleeper - Tim Hightower Ari. Edge is about to fall off a cliff and Hightower may be the one to take the starting job.
also Steve Slaton Hou - Green is about to fall off a cliff as well and Chris Brown has never been able to stay healthy or get into the endzone regularly when he was healthy.

WR - Anthony Gonzalez Indy - not really a sleeper but surely going to take Marvin's spot in the next few years. Dynasty gold.
supersleeper - Chris Henry FA - Indefinitely suspended but all charges dropped on July 14. If he finds a home he could be explosive.

TE - Greg Olsen Chi - even without a real QB should finish the year as a top 10 TE.

"I think that gay marriage should be something between a man and a woman" Governor Arnold Schwarzenegger
Mookie4ever
Head Moderator
Head Moderator

ModeratorFantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeBaseball ModHockey ModBasketball ModPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 1)

Postby Bobbleheadrusty » Wed Jul 30, 2008 4:01 pm

Mookie4ever wrote:My sleepers:

QB - none. Not a year to be reaching for any QB. You'll do just fine drafting a QB in the 10th round.

RB - Chris Johnson Ten - the one guy with the skills to be this year's MJD. LenDale does not inspire confidence so Johnson may get a shot.
Supersleeper - Tim Hightower Ari. Edge is about to fall off a cliff and Hightower may be the one to take the starting job.
also Steve Slaton Hou - Green is about to fall off a cliff as well and Chris Brown has never been able to stay healthy or get into the endzone regularly when he was healthy.

WR - Anthony Gonzalez Indy - not really a sleeper but surely going to take Marvin's spot in the next few years. Dynasty gold.
supersleeper - Chris Henry FA - Indefinitely suspended but all charges dropped on July 14. If he finds a home he could be explosive.

TE - Greg Olsen Chi - even without a real QB should finish the year as a top 10 TE.

You know, I never thought about Henry. I may grab him at the end of my dynasty. I could see him wind up in Dallas or Tennessee (how funny would that be) if he gets reinstated.
Bobbleheadrusty
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby B-eAsy510 » Wed Jul 30, 2008 7:34 pm

Now that R.Williams and Porter are both out for at least training camp in Jax how about Troy Williamson or Northcutt. One of those guys should put up good numbers if Porter and RW are slow to recover. I don't even think that they are being drafted in 15 rd drafts I've done.
B-eAsy510
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Cooner » Thu Jul 31, 2008 9:23 am

interesting call... do we know who gets the nod if one of those two can't start the season?
Best... fantasy advice... EVER. :D

[quote]Always play the players who will get you the most points[/quote]
Cooner
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk