3 New Sleepers - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

3 New Sleepers

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: 3 New Sleepers

Postby B-eAsy510 » Thu Jul 31, 2008 9:43 am

Probably have to see how it plays out during camp in JAx. My money would be on Northcutt since he was there last year and has a little time with Garrard. I just don't trust Williamson, his drops or excuses.
B-eAsy510
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Football

Postby LeBron James » Thu Jul 31, 2008 11:43 am

Shaun Hill - the guy looked good the couple games he started and won. Why there is even a QB competition, I have no idea, Alex Smith sucks. Admit you messed up with him and move forward. At least it's not as bad as Barry Zito.
LeBron James
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Cafe Ranker

Postby AcronymsFTW » Fri Aug 01, 2008 3:31 pm

I'm at the point where I couldn't pick a legitamite sleeper at RB from a starter....I got tired head from overthinking about it.

The one true sleeper I'm keeping a real close watch on is WR Antonio Bryant down in Tampa Bay. Granted he has a lot to prove and some depth ahead of him, but he still has great skills at the posistion and Gruden might go ahead and give him the nod over players like Stovall, Hillard, and Clayton.

Wish I had more to offer, but like I mentioned all the studying I've done so far has left everything else a cloud in my mind.
AcronymsFTW
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby moochman » Fri Aug 01, 2008 5:18 pm

AcronymsFTW wrote:I'm at the point where I couldn't pick a legitamite sleeper at RB from a starter....I got tired head from overthinking about it.

The one true sleeper I'm keeping a real close watch on is WR Antonio Bryant down in Tampa Bay. Granted he has a lot to prove and some depth ahead of him, but he still has great skills at the posistion and Gruden might go ahead and give him the nod over players like Stovall, Hillard, and Clayton.

Wish I had more to offer, but like I mentioned all the studying I've done so far has left everything else a cloud in my mind.

Sounds like you are ready to have your draft :-D
Trust your instincts, Luke. You may be overanalyzing. Fall back on your gut feelings or initial projections...unless you've learned you have the instincts of Matt Millen :-b

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 82)

Postby thriftyrocker » Fri Aug 01, 2008 7:39 pm

LeBron James wrote:Shaun Hill - the guy looked good the couple games he started and won. Why there is even a QB competition,

The funniest thing would be if J.T. O'Sullivan started.
thriftyrocker

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer
(Past Year: 2)

Postby moochman » Fri Aug 01, 2008 9:49 pm

thriftyrocker wrote:
LeBron James wrote:Shaun Hill - the guy looked good the couple games he started and won. Why there is even a QB competition,

The funniest thing would be if J.T. O'Sullivan started.

If you had seen him play for the Lions last year you would realize just how un-funny that would be. He was putrid.
Sad thing is that it may mean more to the mad scientist to have his QB understand his playbook than be able to execute it.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 82)

Postby B-eAsy510 » Sat Aug 02, 2008 7:28 am

Alex Smith isnt as bad as people think he is. Basically the niners have been jerking him around and not giving him a chance to succeed. Last year was a case of HORRIBLE play calling and injuries. In o6' he played pretty good and I think he will take a step forward this year.
B-eAsy510
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Previous

Return to Football Talk