Who do i start emmit smith or the bus - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Who do i start emmit smith or the bus

Moderator: Football Moderators

Who do i start emmit smith or the bus

Postby Guest » Sat Aug 31, 2002 4:16 pm

who do i start

Home Cafe: Football
Friendliness: %

Postby SolarfluX » Sat Aug 31, 2002 4:32 pm

The Bus.
SolarfluX
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby terpfan » Sat Aug 31, 2002 4:40 pm

ride the bus
terpfan
Mod in Retirement
Mod in Retirement

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerSweet 16 ChampionPick 3 Weekly Winner

You Guys are Pulling His Leg, Right?

Postby DraftDodger » Sat Aug 31, 2002 4:53 pm

Tell me you guys are pulling his leg? The Bus? Pardon me, do you have any grey poupon?

E. Smith needs 540 yards to beat Payton's record ... I bet he can get close to half of them in his first game. Hello! Houston Texans! Their 1st real game! I think they will shape up nicely this season, but expect them to get pwned in the early weeks. I expect Smith to stay in on the majority of plays against these guys and hang in the game til they carry him off in an oxygen tent. This is just too good of an opportunity for him to score some easy yards.

The Bus stops in New England, folks. The Pats are very stingy about giving up touchdowns. Start E. Smith in Week #1 and watch the Faulk owners' mouths drop open when the Old Guy blows past him in Week #1 fantasy points. I will be back here after the Monday night game to say, "I told you so."
DraftDodger
Head Coach
Head Coach

Cafe Writer

Postby SolarfluX » Sat Aug 31, 2002 7:35 pm

Well, he did not specify WHICH game. Over the season, the Bus is a better play than Emmitt. Yes, maybe the first game is a different story.
SolarfluX
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Re: You Guys are Pulling His Leg, Right?

Postby SolarfluX » Mon Sep 09, 2002 9:18 am

DraftDodger wrote:Tell me you guys are pulling his leg? The Bus? Pardon me, do you have any grey poupon?

E. Smith needs 540 yards to beat Payton's record ... I bet he can get close to half of them in his first game. Hello! Houston Texans! Their 1st real game! I think they will shape up nicely this season, but expect them to get pwned in the early weeks. I expect Smith to stay in on the majority of plays against these guys and hang in the game til they carry him off in an oxygen tent. This is just too good of an opportunity for him to score some easy yards.

The Bus stops in New England, folks. The Pats are very stingy about giving up touchdowns. Start E. Smith in Week #1 and watch the Faulk owners' mouths drop open when the Old Guy blows past him in Week #1 fantasy points. I will be back here after the Monday night game to say, "I told you so."

I have some Grey Poupon to go with your words...

LOL

17 carries for 67 yards, yah he really blew past Faulk.

The Bus should have no trouble getting 68 yards.
SolarfluX
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby SolarfluX » Tue Sep 10, 2002 4:42 pm

Ok, so maybe the Bus didn't get 68 yards and did lose a fumble...

OTOH, Emmitt didn't walk all over the Texans.

Conclusion: neither was worth a start.

;)
SolarfluX
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

yo

Postby Helm » Tue Sep 10, 2002 7:41 pm

Well if you mean next game.. start Emmit Smith. The Bus will unable to do much against the raiders on the ground. For the rest of the season?? Well Dallas is horrible, and their Offensive line did not look good against the Texans, however I would go out on a limb and suggest Emmit. Don't forget that the Bus has been accused of Sexual assault, and that is going to dog him this year. Yeah yeah.. these are prof atheletes, who can focus on the game and ignore stuff like this...... yeah right... he is human, and once his confidence is shaken, he will fold. He should have taken it to the Pats defence, yet he looked even worse than Kordell did... and he fumbled as well. Not good.

H
Helm

Friendliness: %

Return to Football Talk