Web/Draft Site for Unique scoring? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Commissioner's Corner

Web/Draft Site for Unique scoring?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Web/Draft Site for Unique scoring?

Postby Court Jester » Sun Jul 27, 2008 2:02 pm

Seeking advice for a "reliable" web site that can truly handle custom scoring and a deep lineup.

Our league is entering its 22nd year and has always had a live "in person" draft and hand scoring. Due to distances this year we must find a web site to at least do the draft.......and hopefully the year long scoring.

The league is a basic H2H, but scores via 10 indivudual (6 offense, 3 defense and one kicking) categories. Rosters go 28 deep with defensive players split by DL, LB and DB.

Theoretically we could use Yahoo to draft the first 25 rounds and muddle through the rest, but we would rather pay for a site that can at least handle the draft and hopefully the entire year to relieve the Commish (me) of the weekly scoring burden.

I would much appreciate any thoughts or advice on potential sites you may have used or even just heard of.

Thanks in advance
Court Jester
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Home Cafe: Baseball

Re: Web/Draft Site for Unique scoring?

Postby grover99 » Sun Jul 27, 2008 4:38 pm

Try myfantasyleague.com. You can set up a free trial league, even draft before deciding if you want to pay.
12 Team 1/2 PPR Dynasty Auction League.
QB: Cutler, Hill
RB: Turner,Slaton,Benson,Mendenhall,Harrison,Robinson, Greene
WR: CJ2, Fitz, Smith(NYG), Brunce, Morgan,Bryant
TE: Carlson
grover99
Head Coach
Head Coach

Mock(ing) DrafterTrivia Time Trial ChampionSweet 16 SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 2)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby WaCougMBS » Mon Jul 28, 2008 2:03 am

grover99 wrote:Try myfantasyleague.com. You can set up a free trial league, even draft before deciding if you want to pay.

I'll vivaciously second this recommendation ;-D
Av/sig by deluxe_247
WaCougMBS

Radio PimpEditorModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe SpotterInnovative MemberCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafecasterTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby Court Jester » Mon Jul 28, 2008 6:32 am

"Try myfantasyleague.com. You can set up a free trial league, even draft before deciding if you want to pay.

I'll vivaciously second this recommendation"

Thanks for the advices. In between my original post and the first reply I happened on to the site myself and tried to create a league. I had problems and tried to contact the host, but couldn't find a link to contact/e-mail for assistance. Guessng that if one can't get help when signing up, the likelihood of in season help for possible problems was even more unlikely. In frustration, I sent a fax (the only method of communication offered) cancelling the team.

Reading the 2 posts, I guess I acted in haste. Maybe I'll try again.
Court Jester
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby spodog » Tue Jul 29, 2008 12:07 am

send your question to:

support@myfantasyleague.com

or use their online help feature to ask a specific question. They have always answered our Questions within 12 hours or less. Very good support at this site.
spodog
General Manager
General Manager

Cafe WriterCafe RankerCafe SpotterWeb SupporterMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

Postby tpflanz » Tue Jul 29, 2008 9:56 am

myfantasyleague.com is very helpful in answering questions and they do it in a timely manner. The contact link is at the top of every league page and at the bottom of the homepage.

You can also check out fantasy.easports.com if you are looking for a free site. They have answered all questions in a timely manner as well. The contact link is at the bottom of every page.

No offense meant, but it sounds to me like the problem is that you have been fighting technology for a long time and now you do not want to take the time to learn how it works, you want it now. Fantasy leagues online have been very common since the mid/late 1990s and you have still been keeping fantasy scores by hand. Slow down and be patient. Many of these websites have been doing their job for 10+ years and most of them are pretty good at what they do. You are the one that is 15 years behind the technology (apparent by your sending a fax), take the time to figure it out, don't just give up.
tpflanz
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby shawngee03 » Fri Aug 01, 2008 2:27 pm

it sounds like the league is pretty standard, as you havent mentioned any weird stuff....so i dont see why yahoo wouldnt work. i know its not teh greatest when dealing w keepers and customizing beyond teh usual, but its definately easy. ive used a couple other sites(not teh one mentioned here by others though), and ive found yahoo definately the easiest.

and im not being mean, just comical...wow, by hand really? tahts freaking awesome. i remember having to do it like 10 years ago and it sucked. i am assured your eyes will open wide wide once you see how easy and awesome hosting your league online is. will completely change your aspect of it
shawngee03
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Postby Kilroy » Sat Aug 02, 2008 9:57 am

MFL's the best out there so far as custom scoring. If you're looking for a free site fleaflicker also has a fair amount of custom scoring options, although theirs aren't as extensive as MFL's.

"I disapprove of what you say, but I will defend to the death your right to say it." -- Voltaire
Kilroy
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerGraphics ExpertMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe Musketeer

Return to Commissioner's Corner