boldin to eagles? - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

boldin to eagles?

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: boldin to eagles?

Postby biju » Mon Jul 28, 2008 12:12 am

I understand that this is only wishful thinking, but Arizona isn't trading Boldin anywhere anytime soon. IIRC Boldin is under contract for 3 more years and at an extremely cheap rate for someone of his caliber. It sucks having a disgruntled player in the locker room, but Arizona can squeeze him for another season before really worrying about this.
biju
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSweet 16 Survivor
Home Cafe: Football

Postby XHendrix » Mon Jul 28, 2008 3:20 am

biju wrote:I understand that this is only wishful thinking, but Arizona isn't trading Boldin anywhere anytime soon. IIRC Boldin is under contract for 3 more years and at an extremely cheap rate for someone of his caliber. It sucks having a disgruntled player in the locker room, but Arizona can squeeze him for another season before really worrying about this.

In theory if he's truely disgruntled, he can just not play. The cards can't afford that.
XHendrix
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby m16a » Mon Jul 28, 2008 8:12 am

I'd have to say Boldin goes top 10, Eagles win the east and go to the Super Bowl and we have a crapload of happy eagles fans. I'd love to see it happen, but I have my doubts. Still, Sheppard for Boldin would solve two major problems the Eagles have..
Props to Deluxe for the sig
There is nothing more frightening than ignorance in action.
- Goethe
m16a

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerCafe Blackjack Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 37)

Postby moochman » Mon Jul 28, 2008 10:02 am

XHendrix wrote:
biju wrote:I understand that this is only wishful thinking, but Arizona isn't trading Boldin anywhere anytime soon. IIRC Boldin is under contract for 3 more years and at an extremely cheap rate for someone of his caliber. It sucks having a disgruntled player in the locker room, but Arizona can squeeze him for another season before really worrying about this.

In theory if he's truely disgruntled, he can just not play. The cards can't afford that.

A team that is concerned with winning can't afford to sit such a talented WR and risk his disgruntlement (if that's a word), but we are talking the Cards here. No offense Card fans, I truely feel sorry for you. The Cards owner doesn't seem to care as much about winning as they do about being cheap. I could see a Mexican standoff whereby the Cards force Boldin's hand and fine him until he plays.

Would hate to see that trade go down as it would help both teams and I hate the Iggles (they always beat the snot out of my Lions) and I don't want the Cards to get that much better than the Lions. It's hard to be the worst team in the league, you need to have a Zona and Oakland to help hide your teams' incompetence.

I think, therefore I am. I think fantasy, therefore I am unreal?
moochman
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterSurvival Of The Fittest WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 80)

Postby BigBadBrawler » Mon Jul 28, 2008 6:33 pm

I seriously doubt this happens this season. Next off-season? Maybe. But Samuel has already gotten injured, so PHI is aware of just how valuable secondary depth is, and ARI has absolutely no viable WRs behind Fitz and Boldin to step up to the #2 spot now that BJ is SF. So I don't know if this trade makes sense right now. I think a more likely scenario is that the injury bug starts hitting the secondaries around the NFL during TC's and some team comes calling for Sheppard and gives up a pretty penny to trade for him before this rumor ever really gets off the ground...
BigBadBrawler
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Location: The largest Media Market in the country without an NFL Franchise

Postby DemonDeacon » Mon Jul 28, 2008 7:22 pm

BigBadBrawler wrote:I seriously doubt this happens this season. Next off-season? Maybe. But Samuel has already gotten injured, so PHI is aware of just how valuable secondary depth is, and ARI has absolutely no viable WRs behind Fitz and Boldin to step up to the #2 spot now that BJ is SF. So I don't know if this trade makes sense right now. I think a more likely scenario is that the injury bug starts hitting the secondaries around the NFL during TC's and some team comes calling for Sheppard and gives up a pretty penny to trade for him before this rumor ever really gets off the ground...

well when it comes down to it i think Boldin IS that pretty penny that can help propell the Eagles from a boarder line playoff team into a NFC Champ contender. They still have Hanson and Brown in there Secondary and if they get Boldin on Offense i really think they've upgraded. Not to mention they still have Deshean Jackson who is a lot like Steve Smith. Fast small agile and extends the field. IF he develops into the player ppl think he could be, paired with Boldin they have a very dangerous WR core. They also have the Wisconson CB who shouldnt be ready this year but looks like he has the talent to start in 09
Eastmont League 10-3 (2nd Seed)
Wenatchee League 9-4 (2nd Seed)
Urine Trouble League 6-7 (6th seed boooya!!!)
DemonDeacon
Head Coach
Head Coach

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 16)

Postby BigBadBrawler » Mon Jul 28, 2008 7:47 pm

DemonDeacon wrote:
well when it comes down to it i think Boldin IS that pretty penny that can help propell the Eagles from a boarder line playoff team into a NFC Champ contender. They still have Hanson and Brown in there Secondary and if they get Boldin on Offense i really think they've upgraded. Not to mention they still have Deshean Jackson who is a lot like Steve Smith. Fast small agile and extends the field. IF he develops into the player ppl think he could be, paired with Boldin they have a very dangerous WR core. They also have the Wisconson CB who shouldnt be ready this year but looks like he has the talent to start in 09

I don't dispute that Boldin would be a great addition to the Eagles and that he would make them better. I also agree that PHI could make due without Sheppard in the secondary if need be, but ARI's not gonna make this trade right now because they don't have the WRs to make up for the loss of Boldin, and before they're in a position to be able to pull something like this off, some other team is gonna offer enough to get Sheppard first IMO.
BigBadBrawler
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle Eye
Location: The largest Media Market in the country without an NFL Franchise

Postby DemonDeacon » Mon Jul 28, 2008 8:30 pm

BigBadBrawler wrote:
I don't dispute that Boldin would be a great addition to the Eagles and that he would make them better. I also agree that PHI could make due without Sheppard in the secondary if need be, but ARI's not gonna make this trade right now because they don't have the WRs to make up for the loss of Boldin, and before they're in a position to be able to pull something like this off, some other team is gonna offer enough to get Sheppard first IMO.

very true. if i were arizona i'd stall on this deal as well. Just like we all saw with Chad i dont think Boldin will hold out all year long. Theres too much money at stake even if it isnt what he thinks hes worth. With Bryant Johnson gone it does raise a lot of eye brows as to who the #2 will be also. I see your point. Great deal for the eagles but the Cards have a lot to figure out first
Eastmont League 10-3 (2nd Seed)
Wenatchee League 9-4 (2nd Seed)
Urine Trouble League 6-7 (6th seed boooya!!!)
DemonDeacon
Head Coach
Head Coach

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 16)

Postby steelerfan513 » Mon Jul 28, 2008 9:09 pm

DemonDeacon wrote:
BigBadBrawler wrote:

very true. if i were arizona i'd stall on this deal as well. Just like we all saw with Chad i dont think Boldin will hold out all year long. Theres too much money at stake even if it isnt what he thinks hes worth. With Bryant Johnson gone it does raise a lot of eye brows as to who the #2 will be also. I see your point. Great deal for the eagles but the Cards have a lot to figure out first

Just for clarification, Boldin isn't holding out. He reported to camp, but he's said he won't re-sign with the Cardinals once his current contract expires.
Kudos to Leber for the amazing sig and to Metroid for the userbar and making them both fit
2008 and 2009 Defunct Dynasty League Champion
steelerfan513
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Cafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeMatchup Meltdown Survivor

Postby sublimeandy » Mon Jul 28, 2008 9:45 pm

BigBadBrawler wrote:I seriously doubt this happens this season. Next off-season? Maybe. But Samuel has already gotten injured, so PHI is aware of just how valuable secondary depth is, and ARI has absolutely no viable WRs behind Fitz and Boldin to step up to the #2 spot now that BJ is SF. So I don't know if this trade makes sense right now. I think a more likely scenario is that the injury bug starts hitting the secondaries around the NFL during TC's and some team comes calling for Sheppard and gives up a pretty penny to trade for him before this rumor ever really gets off the ground...

samuel is day to day w/ a tweaked hamstring. i would hardly call him injured.
sublimeandy
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Mock(ing) Drafter

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk