Increased workload for McGahee... - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Increased workload for McGahee...

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Increased workload for McGahee...

Postby deluxe_247 » Wed Jul 30, 2008 11:31 pm

Azrael wrote:What happened to Gaither? And I heard the an MRI on Terry's knee revealed only a sprain.

gaither is still wearing a boot, but is supposed to be ready to go before the season starts. he has been known to have terrible work ethic, so im not so sure he will come back ready when he does though...and yeah, luckily terry just has a sprain...so he also should be back for the season.

honestly....if these guys dont come back, i think they will shift the line around and move yanda to the OT. if this ends up happening, id be hard pressed to believe flacco will see the light of day this year. im guessing the ravens are out there looking to get another tackle on the team just for insurance, but there just isnt anything worthwhile available.

our line sucked last season too, so i dont think this (if terry and gaither dont make it back) will affect mcgahee too much honestly....moreso the QB that gets thrown behind it.....especially if the decided to go with flacco. i think he would get destroyed.

dgan wrote:Are they still talking to Ogden, or is that done?

i think ogdens retirement had a lot to do with his toe injury, and that would still be an issue even if he came back. i havent heard anything on the ravens boards of them even talking to JO.
deluxe_247
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerBig Sig ChampionMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
Home Cafe: Football

Postby stomperrob » Wed Jul 30, 2008 11:49 pm

Welbourn not the best fit for Ravens

The Ravens signed offensive tackle Chad Slaughter, but failed to reach an agreement with former Eagle and Chief, John Welbourn, an established player Kansas City officials thought was past his prime.

The Ravens still might reach an agreement with Welbourn, but he would be a high-risk player. Welbourn has a troubled past, and might not have been the ideal candidate for first-year coach John Harbaugh. The Ravens are desperate for a tackle, but Harbaugh also wants a player that can fit into his system. Welbourn also wanted a better contract than the minimum the Ravens were believed to offer.

The Ravens are in a major transition and looking for an experienced lineman that can lead. Welbourn may have made the Ravens better on the field, but may have caused them a lot of headache off it.

Posted by Mike Preston on July 30, 2008 9:15 PM

http://weblogs.baltimoresun.com/sports/ ... bourn.html
Fantasy Football: "Luck is where preparation meets opportunity"
stomperrob

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyePick 3 ChampionMatchup Meltdown SurvivorLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 138)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Stelly » Thu Jul 31, 2008 8:48 am

deluxe_247 wrote:
Azrael wrote:What happened to Gaither? And I heard the an MRI on Terry's knee revealed only a sprain.

gaither is still wearing a boot, but is supposed to be ready to go before the season starts. he has been known to have terrible work ethic, so im not so sure he will come back ready when he does though...and yeah, luckily terry just has a sprain...so he also should be back for the season.

honestly....if these guys dont come back, i think they will shift the line around and move yanda to the OT. if this ends up happening, id be hard pressed to believe flacco will see the light of day this year. im guessing the ravens are out there looking to get another tackle on the team just for insurance, but there just isnt anything worthwhile available.

our line sucked last season too, so i dont think this (if terry and gaither dont make it back) will affect mcgahee too much honestly....moreso the QB that gets thrown behind it.....especially if the decided to go with flacco. i think he would get destroyed.

dgan wrote:Are they still talking to Ogden, or is that done?

i think ogdens retirement had a lot to do with his toe injury, and that would still be an issue even if he came back. i havent heard anything on the ravens boards of them even talking to JO.

Great information! Thanks for the update, and local insight! ;-D
10-Team, non-PPR

QB:
RB: R. Rice, CJ Spiller
WR: AJ Green
K:
Def:
Stelly
Head Coach
Head Coach

Mock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 1)