Auction League Help - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Beginner's Forum

Auction League Help

Moderator: Football Moderators

Auction League Help

Postby s1ay3r19 » Mon Jul 28, 2008 9:46 pm

Ive been playing fantasy football for the last 2 years now in a snake draft keeper league. And now i want to try my hand at a auction league. So im looking for any tips or hints for a auction league and im trying to find a good value sheet. Its a 12 team league, 15 or 16 man roster, standard scoring, $200 cap. 1Qb, 2RB 3WR, 1TE, 1K, 1DEF.
s1ay3r19
Cheerleader
Cheerleader

Home Cafe: Football

Re: Auction League Help

Postby jwhands » Mon Jul 28, 2008 11:30 pm

Hello, we actually will be putting a value sheet together, which you will be able to download to .pdf or print out for your research.
Pride of the Ditka Bus. Weekly rankings http://www.stinkytee.com
jwhands
Water Boy
Water Boy

Home Cafe: Baseball

Postby bspel55 » Tue Aug 05, 2008 3:48 pm

I think the best thing to remember is PATIENCE.

and look at it this way. I think you are using ESPN rules...

Essentially you need 8 players (pay $1 for a K, Def, and most backups)

QB, WR, WR, WR (backup/flex), RB, RB, RB (backup/flex), TE

So try and budget an average of $25 per position you need. You'll usually be able to get 3 solid wideouts, a great QB, and good RBs with that philosophy.

And if you get your QB for $20, then you can up one of your RBs to $30 if you must. Hope I helped!
bspel55
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby mozzy » Wed Aug 06, 2008 2:52 pm

I personally believe that only budgeting $75 for three running backs is a mistake. To be able to get good running backs in a $200 auction, you need to have the guts to spend the big bucks if you want good talent at RB. The previous persons advice can get you a good QB and WR core, but RBs win championships in Fantasy football, so my advice would be don't be too gun shy when bidding for your RBs, if you end up spending big bucks to get the RBs you want so be it, just don't go completely overboard. between 80 and 110 is I think a much more reasonable budget for your RBs. Just my opinion in auctions.
mozzy
Water Boy
Water Boy

Postby brett5673 » Thu Aug 07, 2008 5:23 pm

i spend around 120-15 on my RB's, get the very best, WR's are not as dependable year to year and QB's can be had cheap
Welcome to Minnesota, Lord Brett
brett5673
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby flotsamnjetsam » Sat Aug 09, 2008 9:36 pm

s1ay3r19 wrote:Ive been playing fantasy football for the last 2 years now in a snake draft keeper league. And now i want to try my hand at a auction league. So im looking for any tips or hints for a auction league and im trying to find a good value sheet. Its a 12 team league, 15 or 16 man roster, standard scoring, $200 cap. 1Qb, 2RB 3WR, 1TE, 1K, 1DEF.

We just finished a mock auction that used a $200 salary cap, 16 man rosters, same starting requirements. All drafts are different, but that should give you a good place to start. Here's the link to the forum (in draft rooms):

viewforum.php?f=324

Here's a link to cbssportline's auction value rankings. It's based on a $100 cap so just double the values.

http://fantasynews.sportsline.com/fanta ... l/rankings

I hope that helps a little. Good luck! ;-D

Thanks to deluxe_247 for the awesome sig!
flotsamnjetsam

ModeratorCafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterGolden Eagle EyeCafe MusketeerTrivia Time Trial ChampionPick 3 Weekly WinnerMatchup Meltdown SurvivorCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner
(Past Year: 78)

Return to Beginner's Forum