Thoughts on Frank Gore - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Thoughts on Frank Gore

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Thoughts on Frank Gore

Postby a4ce » Thu Aug 28, 2008 4:17 am

I hope that Gore is utilized a lot in the passing game. From what I read, it looks like it. Martz made KJ a beast with my league scoring system last season before he got hurt.

Here's my leagues RB scoring system.

1pt/10 yards rushing
2pts/10 yards receiving
6pts/TD
5pts bonus for TD plays over 40 yards
-2pts/fumble

And Gore is my RB2 to boot!
Cash Money Brothers! - PPR
QB: Romo and Luck
RB: Shady, Spiller, Sproles, Joique, Giovani, Miller, and Le'veon (IR)
WR: AJ Green, Wayne, Bowe, Thompkins, and Gordon (IR)
TE: Witten
K: Prater
D/ST: 'Hawks
Start QB, 2RB, 2WR, TE, Flex, K and D/ST
a4ce
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

(Past Year: 6)
Home Cafe: Football

Postby Jagator73 » Fri Aug 29, 2008 5:37 pm

I hope all the optimistic people in here are right. I just drafted him at 8 with Brady and Moss still on the board, but I feel pretty good about his chances this year too and I don't believe in drafting a QB or WR quite that early anyway.
Jagator73
Defensive Assistant
Defensive Assistant

Postby Azrael » Fri Aug 29, 2008 8:47 pm

Jagator73 wrote:I hope all the optimistic people in here are right. I just drafted him at 8 with Brady and Moss still on the board, but I feel pretty good about his chances this year too and I don't believe in drafting a QB or WR quite that early anyway.

I would have taken Moss at 8. The back that you get in the 2nd is better than a Gore/best available WR combo.
Azrael
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe WriterMock(ing) Drafter
(Past Year: 7)

Postby Fooseball1 » Sat Aug 30, 2008 1:00 pm

will Gore be better than Barber if the scoring is 1 point for every 10 rushing/receiving yards and 0.5 point per reception, 6 points for every touchdown?? I need to know because I picked Gore over Barber in the draft and everybody was laughing at me and my confidence went way down... I hope I made the right decision
Fooseball1
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby Purple1 » Sat Aug 30, 2008 1:23 pm

Fooseball1 wrote:will Gore be better than Barber if the scoring is 1 point for every 10 rushing/receiving yards and 0.5 point per reception, 6 points for every touchdown?? I need to know because I picked Gore over Barber in the draft and everybody was laughing at me and my confidence went way down... I hope I made the right decision

Don't worry about that :-)

Everybody thinks they know whats gonna happen and whos gonna be good but nobody really does. I took Gore over Steven Jackson, Addai, and Barber with the 7th pick in my 12 team. I wanted Moss but he went at 4 then the guy before me took Romo which really threw me for a loop so I was staring at those 4 RB and something just told me to take Gore so I did. Sometimes you just gotta go with your gut. I found that my teams always end up better when I pick the guys I'm high on as opposed to just the next highest ranked guy on the list or who everone thinks your supposed to get with whatever pick. I also feel better about my team as a result.

Barber and the Boys have just as good a chance (if not better since theres more pressure on them) of falling on their face as any other team in the league.

The way I see it is Gore's got nothing to loose and all those other guys have massive expectations to live up to.
Purple1
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby bagobonez » Sat Aug 30, 2008 1:36 pm

Fooseball1 wrote:will Gore be better than Barber if the scoring is 1 point for every 10 rushing/receiving yards and 0.5 point per reception, 6 points for every touchdown?? I need to know because I picked Gore over Barber in the draft and everybody was laughing at me and my confidence went way down... I hope I made the right decision

I would have also taken Gore over Barber in a .5 PPR league. Gore had alot of catches in his old offenses, so you can beat he'll have a ton in Martz' offense.
"90% of the game is half mental" - John Madden
bagobonez
General Manager
General Manager

Postby Fooseball1 » Sat Aug 30, 2008 2:03 pm

COOL, thanks to both of u guys. I just don't like the fact that Barber hasn't had 1,000 rushing yards and I understand he has been in a RBBC his whole career but now once again there is someone else in Felix Jones. I didn't understand that every expert site I went to after the draft has Barber ahead of Gore when Gore is a proven stud and feature back who can carry the load, he has back to back 1,000+ yard seasons on bad teams and they r better this year. And if last seasons stats are his floor and ''off year'' thats fine with me!
Fooseball1
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby no2leads » Sun Aug 31, 2008 7:45 pm

i had Gore ranked 1 notch ahead of Barber myself. the rookie in Dallas is going to def see lot of carries. Peter King was on Sirius last week and was really hyping him, said his guess now was 35/65 or 70/30 carry ratio with Barber and the rookie. i love Barber this year (drafted both) and i don't even mind the rookie (name escapes me) getting some touches, i figure anything that makes the offense better gets Marion closer to the endzone, not to mention the relentless way he runs scares the hell out of me from injury standpoint, i don't mind him taking some breathers and plays off. he'll get his numbers anyway. regardless, be confident with Gore, we just need to hope that QB is not a complete travesty, he'll drag everybody down with him.
no2leads
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Postby BALCOBOMBER » Tue Sep 02, 2008 11:16 pm

Gore is money in PPR leagues, ahead of Barber & Addai on my board.
BALCOBOMBER
Offensive Coordinator
Offensive Coordinator

Mock(ing) Drafter

Postby deluxe_247 » Tue Sep 02, 2008 11:34 pm

the only RBs in the league that have more yards from the line of scrimmage since gore took over as a full time back are LT2 and westy. thats significant in my mind because they have had zero threat on that offense besides him for that time period. add martz, a QB that has looked solid preseason and add weapons bruce ,bryant johnson along with upcomer josh morgan and a capable backup in deshaun foster to spell him....i see big things this year. his biggest knock was a lack of TDs, but thats to be expected in an offense that cant move the ball. with the changes to that team, i see more opportunities to score this season.

i think gore will make the people who drafted him very happy this season.
deluxe_247
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

Fantasy ExpertCafe RankerBig Sig ChampionMock(ing) DrafterEagle EyeCafe MusketeerWeb SupporterCafe Blackjack Weekly WinnerLucky Ladders Weekly Winner

PreviousNext

Return to Football Talk