Thoughts on Frank Gore - Fantasy Football Cafe 2014 Fantasy Football Cafe

Return to Football Talk

Thoughts on Frank Gore

Moderator: Football Moderators

Re: Thoughts on Frank Gore

Postby LS2throwed » Wed Sep 03, 2008 12:16 am

no2leads wrote:i had Gore ranked 1 notch ahead of Barber myself. the rookie in Dallas is going to def see lot of carries. Peter King was on Sirius last week and was really hyping him, said his guess now was 35/65 or 70/30 carry ratio with Barber and the rookie. i love Barber this year (drafted both) and i don't even mind the rookie (name escapes me) getting some touches, i figure anything that makes the offense better gets Marion closer to the endzone, not to mention the relentless way he runs scares the hell out of me from injury standpoint, i don't mind him taking some breathers and plays off. he'll get his numbers anyway. regardless, be confident with Gore, we just need to hope that QB is not a complete travesty, he'll drag everybody down with him.

Peter King really has no idea how the split will be, thats just his educated guess which is worth the same as anyone's around here...I do know Barber won't be a 25 carry workhorse back, but he has been productive the past 2 years without a large role in the offense, even if his carries increase slightly that sends his value up, especially since he can still catch 50 balls himself...I'm not the best guy to predict Gore's projected numbers, but I see Barber coming in the range of 1300 total yds, 45 receptions, 15 total TD's...I don't see Gore being the TD machine that Barber is, but he could beat him out at the end of the year because Gore could rake in 70+ balls with more total yards, I just don't concern myself with Felix Jones when projecting Barber, he has always performed fantasy wise as a RB2 in a minimal role, he won't be losing any goal line touches and he should get more work in the 1st half now.

Barber really looks alot better then he did last year, with the way the offense is going to be moving the ball I think its going to be very easy for him to produce, I take him 6th in every draft I am in(ironically I have had that spot quite a few times) and a few others I've gotten lucky and got him around 11...Barber finished 7th last year out of RB's in PPR leagues, before Gore also, see no reason with an increased role he won't be a top 5 back, he didn't get that huge contract to not see his role in the offense increase.
Current Cafe Dynasties:
4th and Goal
Fourth & Inches
Double D
Any Given Dynasty
Eat Cheese Dynasty
NFL's Finest
Cafe Very Special Forces
LS2throwed
Hall of Fame Hero
Hall of Fame Hero

CafeholicFantasy ExpertCafe WriterCafe RankerMock(ing) DrafterCafe Musketeer
Home Cafe: Football

Re: Thoughts on Frank Gore

Postby AllDay » Wed Sep 03, 2008 8:12 am

I think it all comes down to TD's.

He has scored 3, 9, and 6 TD's in 3 seasons. 10-12 TD's would be a solid return - more than that and I'd have to think Martz was working a little Faulk magic with Gore.

Gore is no Faulk - and Martz hasn't really been working any magic since his St Louis days. I think he is a bit of a risk still. Martz will still have to establish a threat thru the air for Gore to really excel.
What Would Purple Jesus Do?
AllDay
Special Teams Staff
Special Teams Staff

Home Cafe: Baseball

Previous

Return to Football Talk